The Student Room Group

Sensibility of adding my IQ score to my LinkedIn profile?

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lol no

The irony is that's a very stupid thing to do. I know of a guy who worked at Microsoft who got bullied for putting his IQ score on his application. He hated working there which was highly amusing.
(edited 7 years ago)
George Bush IQ: 133
Reply 3
Major cringe.
IQ scores are BS, ik because my brother apparently has an IQ of nearly 140 and he's an idiot l 😑
Original post by Wisefire
I've been trying to modify and clean what results are on the web when people Google search my full name. One aspect to this has recently been filling my LinkedIn profile with some more information on myself.

I had been thinking of adding my IQ score to my LinkedIn profile for the sake of having more relevant information there online on myself, and for universities or employers to possibly know it if they were to ever Google search me.

My IQ is 126 according to a Mensa test I did a while back. Would putting down such a score be a bit silly or pointless?

Lol, if my IQ were significantly higher, say at 140 or further, would it be more meaningful only then to mention my IQ's at that kind of a high score?

Pls don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is why IQ scores are meaningless outside of Mensa meetings (should they exist)
Reply 7
Although it ought to be totally fine, there's a stigma around IQ which is that you come across as bragging. There's no modest way to tell people you have a high IQ - you'd be better off just telling them you're smart (not that I'm advising you to do that).
No you'll come across as a massive tw*t and it will damage the professionability of your profile. Sure it's above average, but it's hardly a stand-out score. There are plenty of people who have the same or higher. Even if it was 140+ it would be a stupid idea.
Putting your IQ on your LinkedIn profile is just as daft as including your 1 rep max. Boasting is unprofessional.
Why is it daft? What's up with the stigma over doing this, for I don't get it? I'm not boasting, I'm sharing one test score which can be a measure of a person's intelligence level. As I like my IQ score even though it's not awesomely high, it's only in the 85th percentile, I wouldn't mind sharing it. I'm not boasting by doing so. I want people to know I'm in the 85th percentile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will make you seem pretentious.
I've been told I'm pretentious too often xD Okay, I get that there is probably going to be a significant number of individuals out there who will find this as being pretentious.

I am thinking I could maybe write brief, lucid and frank words on the side of the written result which points out my understanding of this issue there is for others, and my reasonings for sharing the result. I would do that if I can write such words transparently enough aha. How about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can fit it in in a way which doesn't make it look pretentious (and that's a big if even for a good writer) it may work. However, it's safer to leave that specific statistic out and reference it in slightly less polarising ways.
How exactly does publicising an IQ score I have damage the professional nature of my LinkedIn profile?

I mean, like, what, ignoring the stigma people seem to believe sharing IQ scores does have, is the score not going to be in the eyes of some out there one positive in their own gauging of my overall merits?

And why would I come across as a **** for sharing such a test score? Yes, it's not a terribly high IQ but I actually want people knowing it is at that level, 126, the last time I took the test.

I am pretty highly insecure and this is the truth really of why I do want to put it up. It'd help with my insecurity I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As others have said, it comes across as pretentious, boasting etc which is not something you want to be on a networking site. Sure, list your professional achievements and things, but no one cares in the slightest what your IQ is. People care if you have professional skills and qualifications. No one cares if you've done semi-decently in a Mensa test. Trust me, just don't.
I've been told I'm pretentious too often xD Okay, I get that there is probably going to be a significant number of individuals out there who will find this as being pretentious.

I am thinking I could maybe write brief, lucid and frank words on the side of the written result which points out my understanding of this issue there is for others, and my reasonings for sharing the result. I would do that if I can write such words transparently enough aha. How about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or just don't include it? If it were an SAT score or some other proxy of intelligence, sure, but not an IQ test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been trying to modify and clean what results are on the web when people Google search my full name. One aspect to this has recently been filling my LinkedIn profile with some more information on myself.

I had been thinking of adding my IQ score to my LinkedIn profile for the sake of having more relevant information there online on myself, and for universities or employers to possibly know it if they were to ever Google search me.

My IQ is 126 according to a Mensa test I did a while back. Would putting down such a score be a bit silly or pointless?

Lol, if my IQ were significantly higher, say at 140 or further, would it be more meaningful only then to mention my IQ's at that kind of a high score?

No point of doing that.
IQ scores don't always correlate well with basic common sense, you'll do very well perpetuating that thought if you post your IQ scores on your LinkedIn profile. But if you want, go for it, no one will stop you! Maybe some day you'll become famous for it in a meme or something...

Good luck!
Don't listen to these monkeys. Do it!
I mean, should universities Google search my name (which in my case could be a bit likelier than that of others not least because my name is pretty peculiar) I wouldn't mind them knowing my IQ. I honestly think them coming across that would be a plus. Otherwise it is an uncommon and so a bit of a wrong thing to do.

In all seriousness, do it only if you can prove it—can you include a link to a photo of your certificate, for example? I wish there was a database of IQ results accessible to universities similar to IELTS. IQ is a valid predictor of one's academic aptitude and I don't see why we should be afraid to use it. Because some people are envious and attempt to mock us to overcome their insecurity? **** them.
You dont come across as very wise. Go for it.
Reply 19
Sounds like a good idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending