The Student Room Group

Ex boyfriend who dumped me sent me this text. Is this guilt or regret?

"I know I shouldn't be saying this but I really really really miss you and I hope you're doing okay. I'm so sorry if I've made anything hard for you or made anything in your life difficult. You deserve so much and the thought of my actions upsetting you honest to god makes me want to burst into tears."

I responded with: "Please don't feel that way. My life isn't your responsibility and it's not difficult for me. I'm confident my future holds great things. You have my blessing and I wish you all the happiness you deserve."

Good response?
Original post by browneyedblonde
"I know I shouldn't be saying this but I really really really miss you and I hope you're doing okay. I'm so sorry if I've made anything hard for you or made anything in your life difficult. You deserve so much and the thought of my actions upsetting you honest to god makes me want to burst into tears."

I responded with: "Please don't feel that way. My life isn't your responsibility and it's not difficult for me. I'm confident my future holds great things. You have my blessing and I wish you all the happiness you deserve."

Good response?

Yeah decent response I guess, he is clearly feeling very guilty for dumping you.
He dumped you because he is gay.

Good response?

The response is ok and dignified. I'd suggest cutting all contact for 12 months.
Sounds like guilt to me.
Sounds like a mixture of both, I don't know why you guys broke up do its hard to say.

No breakup is ever easy, you get a right mash up of emotions.. Have I don't the right thing? Is this mistake? Etc. He's going through the motions, as are you.

Stay strong gurllll .
Reply 5
I like your response a lot. Very mature

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good response?

Perfect response! :h:
I like how you responded with 'it's not difficult for me'
:rock:
Reply 8
Probably a mix of guilt, boredom and regret that he's now alone. There's never any reason to even text an ex or respond. Cut it all ties, nice and clean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending