The Student Room Group

Does the mantoux skin test hurt less than the HPV vaccine and dpt vaccine ??

hey guys,

i have a mantoux skin test next monday, i have come very close to fainting after almost all of the injections i have had, i just hate needles, i have an extreme phobia! But what I do remember is that the tetanus, dipheria, and polio vaccine did not bother me one bit, i didnt even feel like i was about to faint, because i did not think it was painful. However, i nearly fainted after every single HPV vaccine I received, cos it was quite painful, did you find that the HPV vaccines were really painful.? I just wanted to know does the TB skin test hurt more or less than the HPV vaccine? does it hurt more or less than the tetanus, dipheria, and polio vaccine ? cos if its as painful as the dpt vaccine, then i think i'll be okay :smile:

thank you
Original post by jadder1224
hey guys,

i have a mantoux skin test next monday, i have come very close to fainting after almost all of the injections i have had, i just hate needles, i have an extreme phobia! But what I do remember is that the tetanus, dipheria, and polio vaccine did not bother me one bit, i didnt even feel like i was about to faint, because i did not think it was painful. However, i nearly fainted after every single HPV vaccine I received, cos it was quite painful, did you find that the HPV vaccines were really painful.? I just wanted to know does the TB skin test hurt more or less than the HPV vaccine? does it hurt more or less than the tetanus, dipheria, and polio vaccine ? cos if its as painful as the dpt vaccine, then i think i'll be okay :smile:

thank you

I wouldn't say that it 'hurts' at all - maybe a bit uncomfortable but that's the worst.
it hurts less than the HPV for sure!!

Quick Reply

Latest