The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for universities

What if my A level grades doesn't meet the entry requirements? Will my personal statement help?
Reply 1
Original post by Nblh
What if my A level grades doesn't meet the entry requirements? Will my personal statement help?

I presume you mean your predicted A level grades? If so, that depends entirely on the university. Some have a heavier weighing on the importance of the personal statement and so if yours is amazing that will no doubt help. However, others such as Bristol University have a screening process I believe. For example, if they want AAA and you have an AAB, they aren't likely to read your personal statement etc. and your application is be discarded.

What course and uni's are you thinking of? What are your predicted grades? I could probably help more then.
It depends on how short they are compared to the typical offer. And remember that it's often described as a "typical offer" and not "minimum requirement". If you want a course with AAB and you have ABB, they might still consider you as long as your personal statement is good and your teacher references are supportive. I've got predicted grades of A*AB and applied to unis with mainly AAA offers. So far, I;ve had an offer of AAA and AAB so it's a mix of factors in the end that get you an offer/rejection

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending