The Student Room Group

My GF is attractive but very flabby, how do I convince her to work out more?

I find her personality and face attractive, but she is starting to gain weight due to overeating and a lack of exercise. I don't want her to lose weight purely for aesthetical reasons, I want her to be healthy too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you go gym and workout, then you can just ask her to come with you, so you can spend time with each other at the gym, but also she gets the workout too of course :smile:
Or start going for long walks together. You'll be able to spend quality time together and get fitter and healthier together.
Original post by Anonymous
I find her personality and face attractive, but she is starting to gain weight due to overeating and a lack of exercise. I don't want her to lose weight purely for aesthetical reasons, I want her to be healthy too.

Well it's hard to say without knowing exactly how chubby she is, you might be over-reacting how tall is she and how much does she weigh.

The best way would be to go to the gym with her. I've always been quite open with my bf and told him to outright tell me if he noticed I was gaining weight at all. But i've always been a figure conscious person so..
in b4 triggered landwhales screaming 'it's her body her decision'
Reply 6
Original post by gabriellakhan
How does that make him a moron? All he asked is he'd like his gf to work out for her own good. What's wrong with that? Plus he finds her attractive and probably does not want to lose his attraction towards her...

Because it isn't up to him whether his girlfriend works out or not? Calling her 'flabby' is gross and if you 'lose attraction' towards someone for gaining weight then they deserve better lmao if my boyfriend was talking about me like this I'd be ****ing heartbroken
Original post by rosalinnn
Because it isn't up to him whether his girlfriend works out or not? Calling her 'flabby' is gross and if you 'lose attraction' towards someone for gaining weight then they deserve better lmao if my boyfriend was talking about me like this I'd be ****ing heartbroken

Sorry but being fat is actually disgusting and a sign of gluttony. No one is saying someone needs to be supermodel size but having a slim partner might be important to him and that's no up to you to judge
Reply 8
I think it would be respectful to discuss these health concerns with her. If you truly care about her you'd tell her what you actually think, just like you told us.

You could go to the gym with her, it would be quality time spent together and also fun.
What is wrong with what he said? His intentions are pure. Just try to bring up the gym in a conversation and be like "let's go together". And show her those cheesy motivational videos of ripped couples working out together etc. I'm sure she'll fall in love with the gym once you take her anyway. Just don't tell her bluntly "you are getting fat" or "you are fat". She is a woman and it will lower her self-esteem. So yeah.

Drive to remote scenic spot.

Get out to 'admire the view'.

Sprint back to the car with her handbag.

Reply 11
Original post by TheTruthTeller
What is wrong with what he said? His intentions are pure. Just try to bring up the gym in a conversation and be like "let's go together". And show her those cheesy motivational videos of ripped couples working out together etc. I'm sure she'll fall in love with the gym once you take her anyway. Just don't tell her bluntly "you are getting fat" or "you are fat". She is a woman and it will lower her self-esteem. So yeah.

Lol, yeah videos with cute couples working together appeal to every woman.
When you're eating dinner:
'Haven't you eaten enough!?!?!?' Followed by a slightly rude stare, should suffice for about 3 months of guilty ridden jogging.

Or you could just walk somewhere together.

I'm sorry but you're a very ignorant person. Maybe he is NOT attracted to unhealthy women and would prefer a healthy partner. Can't blame him for wanting someone that's healthy. He isn't exactly asking for a super model... This is why people cheat...their partners stop looking after themselves and it's NOT healthy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him having a preference. Also I'd do anything to make my partner happy. I'd appreciate it if he told me how I could improve my looks for him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ask her to join you at the gym?

be like "I want to spend more time with you....hmmm...btw can you join me at the gym?"

😀
Reply 15
Original post by UWS

This ^, keep it subtle, go for random walks together, it's nice for relationship too. My girl ain't chubby but I'll drive to Lake District, Peak District and go on walks, soon it'll be homes etc
Original post by UWS

Bring her to the gym so we can hit on her and cuckold you.

Poor guy.

Most of us don't mind working out to look good for our gf/bf when we're in a relationship. It gives me a better reason to work out than when I'm single since I'm doing it to make my gf happy too lol.

+ working out with each other in a relationship is fun.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gabriellakhan
I'm sorry but you're a very ignorant person. Maybe he is NOT attracted to unhealthy women and would prefer a healthy partner. Can't blame him for wanting someone that's healthy. He isn't exactly asking for a super model... This is why people cheat...their partners stop looking after themselves and it's NOT healthy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him having a preference. Also I'd do anything to make my partner happy. I'd appreciate it if he told me how I could improve my looks for him.

I understand that I came across as ignorant because when I initially read this it definitely rubbed me up the wrong way. But reading it again I understand that he wants what is best for his girlfriend and I don't think there is anything wrong with encouraging your s/o to work out with you etc. but I think just the wording of it got me hot and bothered, this is definitely an issue to discuss with your girlfriend and not post about calling her 'flabby' idk
Create a custom survey yourself showing female body types which you will fill in yourself,
selecting the one you admire the most then leave that survey laying around the house.
She will find the survey and want to work out without you having to say a word. :colone:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending