The Student Room Group

I don't know what I should do!

Hi all,
So I have been dating this girl from uni for 1 year and about 4 months now and I am unsure whether I should carry it on.
We met in halls last year (same flat) and really hit it of, I get on well with her parents and family and all was great.
In the summer she went on a volunteer thing abroad for 8 weeks while I was on placement and I got quite lonely but entertained myself sufficiently. When she came back it seemedike normal but I did feel slightly different.
We still live together with others in 2nd year and if I'm still with her then I will probably live with them all (plus her) in 3rd year.

This semester I have really struggled, I feel like I'm bored of the relationship (for various reasons like she is always stressing about me and other stuff and it's just not very exciting now) and don't really want to date anymore, and have a bit more time to do things (like sports). We also do fairly different subjects so would be difficult to be together and work where we want after uni.
However I really don't want to upset her as I still care for her and I don't want to be seen as the nasty guy. Plus I have no idea what I would say. We did agree that if we did ever break up we would make sure we weren't awkward about it.
I know it's a big post but I hope some can help!
Thanks
Bre up with her now. Google the best way to do it but don't drag it out if you think it would be best for both of you guys. We all say things wont be awks but expect the worst lol. You have been together for some time and live together so there may be some drama but dont remain for the sake of avoiding all that.
Talk to her?
If you're not happy with her, then the best thing you can do is break-up; so you can find your happiness, and she can find hers. Early on there will be pain and confusion, but it's necessary to grow as people.

Or, you can talk and try and iron things out. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending