The Student Room Group

Rock Nightlife

I'm looking at different unis to apply to and Im really liking the University of Sussex. I've read that Brighton has a great nightlife but, being a huge fan of alternative/rock music, does it cater for that also??
Does anyone know of anyother unis that have a varied nightlife rather than a lot of clubs just playing dance or pop music? I know Nottingham's quite good for rock but i dont want just the nightlife to influence my decision too much
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by bethmoulton_
I'm looking at different unis to apply to and Im really liking the University of Sussex. I've read that Brighton has a great nightlife but, being a huge fan of alternative/rock music, does it cater for that also??
Does anyone know of anyother unis that have a varied nightlife rather than a lot of clubs just playing dance or pop music? I know Nottingham's quite good for rock but i dont want just the nightlife to influence my decision too much
Thanks in advance :smile:

As TSR is based down here in Brighton, I can help you out on this...in short yes, it is ****ing ace!

Sticky Mike's Frog bar has weekly ska, punk and metal nights, Concorde is great for gigs, Hope and Ruin for up and coming bands...bands I've seen in the past few months are:

Refused
Los Campesionos
Summer Camp
Beach House
The World is a Beautiful Place
Armour for Sleep
Mitski

So yeah, pretty damn good
Reply 2
Original post by Paulwyn
As TSR is based down here in Brighton, I can help you out on this...in short yes, it is ****ing ace!

Sticky Mike's Frog bar has weekly ska, punk and metal nights, Concorde is great for gigs, Hope and Ruin for up and coming bands...bands I've seen in the past few months are:

Refused
Los Campesionos
Summer Camp
Beach House
The World is a Beautiful Place
Armour for Sleep
Mitski

So yeah, pretty damn good

Thanks this really helps!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending