The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lets turn this around. Imagine that it was in fact YOU who is on track for getting a 2:2 or even a 3rd in an Arts subject. How would you feel if your bf dumped you for that precise reason? Secondly, it is not too late for him to turn this around. This best thing he can do at this point is spend less time with you concentrate on his exams. But life is a giant balancing act so he will have to learn how to balance work and social life. Be a good gf and encourage him to study harder/see a tutor/ spend less time with you!
Original post by l'etranger
I know it's a troll, but I actually agree, I would dump a girl if she ever got fat so I would expect the same if I were made redundant or whatever.

If you love someone you're meant to stay with them through the hard times not just the good lol.
Original post by ChickenMadness
If you love someone you're meant to stay with them through the hard times not just the good lol.

The majority of people >95% love in a manner which is opportunistic and unless you have good reason to believe they would not do that to you, it's prudent to assume they will and thus act accordingly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just read the title, but why would you dump someone over that?
The majority of people >95% love in a manner which is opportunistic and unless you have good reason to believe they would not do that to you, it's prudent to assume they will and thus act accordingly.

You're pulling statistics out of your ass.

Also, divorce isn't in the genes. I have no idea how you got to that conclusion, but know that (as it has been said before) there are a number of different factors contributing towards divorce. Suggesting this is a predetermined outcome is reductionist and frankly ridiculous.
Original post by Pikachū
No they don't.

No it isn't.

Have you studied it?
Original post by Twinpeaks
Have you studied it?

You don't need to study something to know it's general difficulty.
Reply 107
Original post by phlegmatic pig
He is sort of scoring around 57-62%, but I can't see him making the 2:1.

the fact youre actually asking this shows that you shouldn't be together
Original post by Pikachū
You don't need to study something to know it's general difficulty.

Well actually you do, or at least you need to have a vague understanding of what the discipline actually entails.
Because I'm willing to hazard a guess that you're one of those idiots who confuse psychology with psychoanalysis.

Probably one of the staple psych journals for a psychology student-

http://www.cell.com/trends/cognitive-sciences/home

A recent paper by one of my old professors-

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306453016302165

Isn't it nice to learn new things?
Well actually you do, or at least you need to have a vague understanding of what the discipline actually entails.
Because I'm willing to hazard a guess that you're one of those idiots who confuse psychology with psychoanalysis.

From the moment you mentioned methods of inference I knew you were a psychology graduate.

t. insecure psychology student
I actually think it's all right to dump someone based upon their degree classification. You marry who you date. If you go out with someone in College who looks like he has his stuff together and has ambition and he turns in to someone who gets stoned every day and misses half his lectures, he isn't the person you thought he was. His life will turn out pretty much the way most(Not all, but the statistically most significant part of them) people like that turn out.
Original post by Pikachū
t. insecure psychology student

*Psychology graduate*. *Neuroscience MSc student*

Have you read the articles? Have you broadened your narrow mind? :wink: It takes a lot of self-discipline though to read something counter-attitudinal, don't think you have the capacity for it. Bit of psychology again for you there.

From the moment you mentioned methods of inference I knew you were a psychology graduate.

:colonhash:

:colonhash:

I think it's a perfectly respectable field of academic inquiry, you do give off a certain vibe and it's definitely not stats grad
I got a 2:2. Glad my girlfriend didn't dump me. :colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth
I got a 2:2. Glad my girlfriend didn't dump me. :colondollar:
got a job now?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
got a job now?

Nope!

I'm actually doing a different undergrad degree now as my career plans changed after being diagnosed with a serious mental illness. I did get a merit for my master's though! :proud:
Original post by Sabertooth
Nope!

I'm actually doing a different undergrad degree now as my career plans changed after being diagnosed with a serious mental illness. I did get a merit for my master's though! :proud:

best of luck bud! I'm rooting for yeh!!!!
I know everyone's giving you a bad time for this post, but I think you should go ahead

Always aim for a partner who's working equal to you or above innit
I think it's a perfectly respectable field of academic inquiry, you do give off a certain vibe and it's definitely not stats grad

What "vibe" do I give off then?

Latest

Trending

Trending