The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by azizadil1998
Case in point of double standards from girls: hot guy comes and talks its completelyyy fineeeee he must be nice and sweet! ugly guy comes to talk and be friendly nooooo he must be a flipping pedo stalker rightttt?

Re-evaluate your life m8.

oh go and get that ship off your shoulder, it's pathetic.

I didn't want to be approached by anyone I just wanted to be left alone. Can you fathom that?
Original post by sherlockfan
I posted about something odd that happened to me yesterday, just like thousands of other people do on here every day, you're the one blowing it out of proportion. Once again I never used the word harassed, you did. I never claimed he molested me or anything else, just that he creeped me out. And that offends you for some reason.

yours not so faithfully,

sherlockfan

**** off.

"creeped" suggests that he made you uncomfortable, i can guarantee that if it was a woman who spoke to you, you would've been delighted so grow up

You must've studied at Manchester Met because your understanding of society is remarkable:u::u:

Yours faithfully,
Paul
Well, this escalated slowly.
I feel like this thread has gone a little far
Sure I agree that the guy just sounds outgoing and friendly and not creepy but jeez it seems like a lot of guys here are just jumping at the chance to b*tch about womankind and their double standards, which it doesn't seem OP even holds themselves. But yeah in general women will be more receptive to attractive guys. That's life. Humans are inherently flawed and inconsistent and we all judge by appearances to some extent, especially in a first encounter.
I thought the thread was satire but then I realised she was being for real. He asked you about harry potter... In a library... May be annoying if you're busy, but some of the adjectives you used to describe it was harsh.

I feel like you just come off as socially awkward? Also.... Dear females, not every guy that makes conversation wants to **** you.
Original post by paulkonchesky
"creeped" suggests that he made you uncomfortable, i can guarantee that if it wpart woman who spoke to you, you would've been deyou've saided so grow up

You must've studied at Manchester Met because your understanding of society is remarkable:u::u:

yours faithfully,
Paul

Yes he made me uncomfortable, thats what IVe been saying from the beginning, nothing more nothing less. what part of wanting to be left alone don't you understand? If it was a woman I probably would have been annoyed but I wouldn't have thought they had an ulterior motive.
I can't even understand your last sentence, Ive never been to Manchester met, I'm assuming its a university and students who go there might be offended by what youve said.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I feel like this thread has gone a little far
Sure I agree that the guy just sounds outgoing and friendly and not creepy but jeez it seems like a lot of guys here are just jumping at the chance to b*tch about womankind and their double standards, which it doesn't seem OP even holds themselves. But yeah in general women will be more receptive to attractive guys. That's life. Humans are inherently flawed and inconsistent and we all judge by appearances to some extent, especially in a first encounter.

Exactly, it seems like every other guy on here is blaming me for their own shortcomings with women. Not my fault they cant get laid.
Exactly, it seems like every other guy on here is blaming me for their own shortcomings with women. Not my fault they cant get laid.

Keep thinking that if it helps you sleep better at night.
Original post by Nulliverse
Keep thinking that if it helps you sleep better at night.

I will because I cant think of any other reason why they would make such foul bitter posts. Anyone reading these replies would think ive committed some act of supreme evil lol.
Thank you, it has indeed.

the fact that you don't understand obvious sarcasm really makes it clear that you're autistic, like I said last night. the lack of empathy just reinforces this. the fact that you feel like you can report anybody for anything whilst you yourself aren't getting reported for your insulting language is just depressing. the mods must be feeling sorry for you I suppose.
(edited 7 years ago)
My issue with this is you said that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was good...
I found it so disappointing. :redface:
If memory recalls, last year you made a thread saying you were short and fat. That is literally the worst combination ever. Don't flatter yourself. He was asking about the books only, and definitely not you.
Doesn't sound creepy at all. Nothing wrong with someone trying to make conversation! Just because a guy spoke to you doesn't mean he was trying to get in your pants.
No need to be so rude.

Says the person who called a man in the library 'dodgey, pathetic and creepy'..
Original post by JimboJones_
the fact that you don't understand obvious sarcasm really makes it clear that you're autistic, like I said last night. the lack of empathy just reinforces this. the fact that you feel like you can report anybody for anything whilst you yourself aren't getting reported for your insulting language is just depressing. the mods must be feeling sorry for you I suppose.

you say i'm autistic like that's some sort of an insult. like I said before, that's in very poor taste and just shows the sort of person you are.

I did get the sarcasm, I tried to ignore it so he would realize the futility of his post.
Original post by Conorlegg
Says the person who called a man in the library 'dodgey, pathetic and creepy'..

yes but the guy in question will never know that I said that. I didn't insult him to his face. the guys on here on the other hand have thrown every sort of insult at me, from calling me a skank to a revolting feminist and a cow. And for what? For feeling uncomfortable with a guy's behaviour in public. It just reaffirms the fact that we do still need feminism in this world, because of attitudes like this.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
If memory recalls, last year you made a thread saying you were short and fat. That is literally the worst combination ever. Don't flatter yourself. He was asking about the books only, and definitely not you.

yes, i'm sure he genuinely wanted to know if the Harry Potter books were good.

like I said guys will go for anything these days.
He might be creepy, but I'd cut guys some slack when you put it in context, which is a socially cold world where women have been shutting out large numbers of guys and having less and less need for them as time goes on, all this while guys biologies and urges are the same.

Sexual frustration makes people act out of character.

Again, don't flatter yourself. No man finds short and fat girls attractive, in the same way that they don't find hippos and walruses attractive. You are invisible. If you weren't reading Harry Potter, then you may as well have been a wisp of air, because he would have walked right past you.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh

This is savage.

Nah but on real terms, if some guy asked you if a book was interesting maybe he's trying to spark conversation or potential make a friend, ever heard of those, friends? Then again your a Sherlock fan and he doesn't have friends ergo you therefore don't.

If it was the otherway around if a guy posted 'got creeped on by a girl' the replies would be such *******s and a lot less than you're getting.

Also no, not unless they're completely horny and desperate, and this only happens in a club
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending