The Student Room Group

Is it illegal to get with a girl in the year below in school?

Hi, I'm 16 turning 17 this weekend and I've been talking to a girl in the year below me that's 15 and turning 16 in July. We've been talking to eachother for a long time now and so far we've just been kissing, but now she's saying she wants to try give me a blowjob this weekend for my birthday.

But I'm worried about her being in the year below me, is it illegal to continue kissing or have her give me a blowjob on my 17th birthday whilst she's still 15? I don't want to do anything that's illegal but I don't want to lose her at the same time and have her go do it with someone else if i say no.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
technically it's illegal but with a mere 2 year age gap the police won't peruse you should someone notify them

if you were like 21 on the otherhand there's a decent chance they'd want to prosecute
Reply 2
Original post by ANM775
technically it's illegal but with a mere 2 year age gap the police won't peruse you should someone notify them

if you were like 21 on the otherhand there's a decent chance they'd want to prosecute

Haha, I've seen stupider be prosecuted so don't be so sure!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm 16 turning 17 this weekend and I've been talking to a girl in the year below me that's 15 and turning 16 in July. We've been talking to eachother for a long time now and so far we've just been kissing, but now she's saying she wants to try give me a blowjob this weekend for my birthday.

But I'm worried about her being in the year below me, is it illegal to continue kissing or have her give me a blowjob on my 17th birthday whilst she's still 15? I don't want to do anything that's illegal but I don't want to lose her at the same time and have her go do it with someone else if i say no.

She's not at the age of consent yet, your age doesn't matter at all, what matters is her age.
Just wait until July lol.
Reply 5
Original post by IWMTom
Haha, I've seen stupider be prosecuted so don't be so sure!

In America they'd most likely come after him ....but in Britain they're not gonna be bothered by it....
I doubt it will escalate that far lol police won't peruse for it unless they're really that bored at work
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly better safe than sorry, I'm not one to judge but let's say things don't work out with you and your girl and if she's sly, She could have the right to go to the Police and tell them about well yeah.....

Just wait!
Reply 8
Original post by ANM775
In America they'd most likely come after him ....but in Britain they're not gonna be bothered by it....

Oh no, it certainly happens here too.
Reply 9
Original post by IWMTom
Oh no, it certainly happens here too.

link to news article?
Reply 10
Original post by ANM775
link to news article?

I've seen people be charged locally, but I'm not prepared to trawl through a couple years of Gazette archives just to find you a source. Take it or leave it, I could not care less :^)
Reply 11
Original post by IWMTom
I've seen people be charged locally, but I'm not prepared to trawl through a couple years of Gazette archives just to find you a source. Take it or leave it, I could not care less :^)

no link from you because police in this country don't pursue cases with such minor age gaps.

simples.
Reply 12
Original post by ANM775
no link from you because police in this country don't pursue cases with such minor age gaps.

simples.

Believe what you will - I do live in the UK too you know.

Coming from an area with one of the highest crime rates in the country, it's fair to say anything that could happen, will have happened here. All it takes is the father of a 15 year old to find out his precious little princess took a 🍆 and to report the kid that did it for stat-rape; the UK does not have a close-in-age exemption when it comes to prosecution.

(EDIT: That was an actual thing that happened up here)

You're just ignorant - simples 😂😂
(edited 7 years ago)
16+ -think
Reply 14
Original post by IWMTom
All it takes is the father of a 15 year old to find out his precious little princess took a 🍆 and to report the kid that did it for stat-rape; the UK does not have a close-in-age exemption when it comes to prosecution.

You're just ignorant - simples 😂😂

I'm the ignorant one?

you don't even know what you're talking about dude. lol. Talking straight out of your rear end in this thread.

you cannot be charged for stat rape of a 15 year old, it's under 13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

"The Explanatory Notes read: "Whether or not the child consented to this act is irrelevant".[32] The term 'rape' therefore is used only with regard to children under 13; consensual sexual penetration of a child above 13 but under 16 is defined as 'Sexual activity with a child', and punished less severely (section 9, which requires the perpetrator to be 18 or over). A minor can also be guilty for sexual contact with another minor (section 13), but the Explanatory Notes state that decisions whether to prosecute in cases where both parties are minors are to be taken on a case by case basis.[33] The Crown Prosecution guidelines state "t is not in the public interest to prosecute children who are of the same or similar age and understanding that engage in sexual activity, where the activity is truly consensual for both parties and there are no aggravating features, such as coercion or corruption."

Also note the bolded part. The police don't care if the age gap is like 2 years.
Reply 15
Original post by ANM775
I'm the ignorant one?

you don't even know what you're talking about dude. lol. Talking straight out of your rear end in this thread.

you cannot be charged for stat rape of a 15 year old, it's under 13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

"The Explanatory Notes read: "Whether or not the child consented to this act is irrelevant".[32] The term 'rape' therefore is used only with regard to children under 13; consensual sexual penetration of a child above 13 but under 16 is defined as 'Sexual activity with a child', and punished less severely (section 9, which requires the perpetrator to be 18 or over). A minor can also be guilty for sexual contact with another minor (section 13), but the Explanatory Notes state that decisions whether to prosecute in cases where both parties are minors are to be taken on a case by case basis.[33] The Crown Prosecution guidelines state "t is not in the public interest to prosecute children who are of the same or similar age and understanding that engage in sexual activity, where the activity is truly consensual for both parties and there are no aggravating features, such as coercion or corruption."

Also note the bolded part. The police don't care if the age gap is like 2 years.

Statutory rape is a common term referred to as sex with a minor (apologies), however, if you're looking to get technical, the official offence would be Sexual activity with a child contrary to Section 13 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, which states that "A person under 18 commits an offence if he does anything which would be an offence under any of sections 9 to 12 if he were aged 18".

Section 9 of the SOA (2003) refers to the offence I stated, "Sexual activity with a child". Granted, the punishment is lower, but it IS STILL A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.

Wikipedia is simply not a reliable source of information, especially considering the legislation is freely available. Feel free to educate yourself: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42

In regards to your statement "police don't care", that is absolutely false. It is treated on a case-by-case basis, and as was proven by a local prosecution, the "victims" father pushed for prosecution of the 17yr old. Guidelines are guidelines, and Murphy's law states that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong - the laws of probability are with me on this one; given enough time, someone is going to be prosecuted for it. It's rare, but it happens. Buck your ideas up son.

(EDIT: If it will really cheer you up I'll try digging out the article, but that's difficult to do when I cannae remember the exact date it was published! It's also worth noting that the Police and the CPS are not the same public body, yet you seem to believe that they are!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Jesus I didn't realise the Stasi was active in your area.
HOW THE F*** do you expect the police to find out about it? And why would they give a sh*t?

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by IWMTom
Statutory rape is a common term referred to as sex with a minor (apologies), however, if you're looking to get technical, the official offence would be Sexual activity with a child contrary to Section 13 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, which states that "A person under 18 commits an offence if he does anything which would be an offence under any of sections 9 to 12 if he were aged 18".

Section 9 of the SOA (2003) refers to the offence I stated, "Sexual activity with a child". Granted, the punishment is lower, but it IS STILL A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.

Wikipedia is simply not a reliable source of information, especially considering the legislation is freely available. Feel free to educate yourself: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42

In regards to your statement "police don't care", that is absolutely false. It is treated on a case-by-case basis, and as was proven by a local prosecution, the "victims" father pushed for prosecution of the 17yr old.

(EDIT: If it will really cheer you up I'll try digging out the article, but that's difficult to do when I cannae remember the exact date it was published! It's also worth noting that the Police and the CPS are not the same public body, yet you seem to believe that they are!)

I never said it wasn't a criminal offence. In fact if you re read my first post in this thread you will see me say that it's illegal.

and yes, the police effectively don't care if they are close in age as they don't prosecute. There are no extenuating circumstances mentioned in the OP like violence or exploitation so no he's not going to get prosecuted
Reply 18
Original post by ANM775
I never said it wasn't a criminal offence. In fact if you re read my first post in this thread you will see me say that is illegal.

and yes, the police effectively don't care if they are close in age as they don't prosecute. There are no extenuating circumstances mentioned in the OP like violence or exploitation so no he's not going to get prosecuted

And who's to say the victim wouldn't get a bit p**sed off and report him? It's happened before, and it's sure to happen again. It's hardly a rare occurrence!

One should never put themselves in a position where someone can hold that over your head, as they can really mess your life up by reporting you. Sure, nothing might come of it, but that's not a certainty.
Reply 19
Original post by IWMTom
And who's to say the victim wouldn't get a bit p**sed off and report him? It's happened before, and it's sure to happen again. It's hardly a rare occurrence!

One should never put themselves in a position where someone can hold that over your head, as they can really mess your life up by reporting you. Sure, nothing might come of it, but that's not a certainty.

The victim could well report him. In fact the police cannot even bring formal charges against the male unless the female child actually admits to them that sexual intercourse took place. Without the childs statement they are powerless to act. An angry parent telling the police a male slept with their daughter will result in no chance of prosecution unless the girl confirms the story. In places like America things are different and an angry parents complaint is all it takes to get the ball rolling ...but we are not in America.

and yes, the girl may decide to report him, but again due to the small age gap the police are not going to bring any charges on him. So it really doesn't matter if she reports him or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending