The Student Room Group

How to deal with being called ugly

My whole life from primary to now (2nd year of college) I have been called ugly, all the time, almost every single time I talk to anyone male or female. I really need help how does someone deal with this? All my "friends" call me ugly as well, at first I thought they were insecure and they needed a verbal punching bag, but if everyone is calling me ugly I don't know what do. Please help, my extrmley low crippling self esteem is suffering to such an extent. I also suck at chatting to people online. I know I am unattractive I know that better than anyone. I tried therapy but I felt weak and judged.

This is really affecting my acdemics because I can't focus because my mind is in a diffrent place.

Please does anyone have a way to deal with such large amounts negativity. Thanks in advance :smile:.
Are u male or female? And secondly what a levels are u doing? Do u plan on going to university
Original post by Anonymous
My whole life from primary to now (2nd year of college) I have been called ugly, all the time, almost every single time I talk to anyone male or female. I really need help how does someone deal with this? All my "friends" call me ugly as well, at first I thought they were insecure and they needed a verbal punching bag, but if everyone is calling me ugly I don't know what do. Please help, my extrmley low crippling self esteem is suffering to such an extent. I also suck at chatting to people online. I know I am unattractive I know that better than anyone. I tried therapy but I felt weak and judged.

This is really affecting my acdemics because I can't focus because my mind is in a diffrent place.

Please does anyone have a way to deal with such large amounts negativity. Thanks in advance :smile:.

I used to have really low self esteem and could barely talk to anyone I didn't know. You've just got to be comfortable with yourself and not let other people drag you down. I know how it feels when people are so horrible to you but you have to learn to tune it out or just think about all the positive things about yourself. I just got to the stage where I realised that everyone has flaws and if i keep believing what they say about me, I'm the one who feels worse about it. It really is just finding a way to be happy with yourself, and theres no one way to do that unfortunately.

I hope things get better for you soon:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending