The Student Room Group

Girls, opinions on unmanly guys?

Ok, I'm 20 years old and I guy, I don't fall into the big, bearded chops wood for a living idea of a guy.
I'm 5'9/5'9, and I'm not the most manly guy.

I'm a uk28 waist, I wear skinny jeans, baggy sweaters, flowy shirts, chelsea boots, and big coats.
I also don't wear inherently manly colognes, I don't want to smell like cigars and whiskey, at the minute I wear La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL, or Black Orchid (Unisex) by Tom Ford.

I'm straight, I don't have much if any of a problem with women but I know myself that I'm not that manly,at least in appearance. I'm relatively confident, I play guitar and sing, I flirt, I dress well, I smell good, I don't come off as that manly.

I've had this discussion with girls, once after a night out I was talking to a girl as we were in my room, she commented that I smell good, I told her the name and she knew it was unisex, but then she said 'but that just smells so sexy', so.. does it really matter?

The only people who I could its similar to is Harry Styles or Mick Jagger but for a non-famous college student who is just known for being a musician. They were not very macho but they were with some gorgeous women, would you go for a guy who is similar? Who isn't very manly but is confident and comfortable in his sexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seanf999
Ok, I'm 20 years old and I guy, I don't fall into the big, bearded chops wood for a living idea of a guy.

I'm a uk28 waist, I wear skinny jeans, baggy sweaters, flowy shirts, chelsea boots, and big coats.
I also don't wear inherently manly colognes, I don't want to smell like cigars and whiskey, at the minute I wear La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL, or Black Orchid (Unisex) by Tom Ford.

I'm straight, I don't have much if any of a problem with women but I know myself that I'm not that manly,at least in appearance. I'm relatively confident, I play guitar and sing, I flirt, I dress well, I smell good, I don't come off as that manly.

I've had this discussion with girls, once after a night out I was talking to a girl as we were in my room, she commented that I smell good, I told her the name and she knew it was unisex, but then she said 'but that just smells so sexy', so.. does it really matter?

The only people who I could its similar to is Harry Styles or Mick Jagger but for a non-famous college student who is just known for being a musician. They were not very macho but they were with some gorgeous women, would you go for a guy who is similar? Who isn't very manly but is confident and comfortable in his sexuality?

well my opinion as a 15 year old girl is that you should grow the hell up. You are 20 years old and you sound like a prepubescent girl.
You should realise that people of your age don't care about this **** and even if they do you should shut them out of your life. Look at a man called park jimin for
example, he isn't manly and yet women love him. I feel like you are being hard on yourself. BTW I'm on my mates account don't hate on her
Reply 2
The confident bit would do it for me and that confidence allows people to carry off most things, especially given you seem to know yourself.

So like a lot of us, myself included, we often think and worry too much!
Sounds like you need some Yeezys to flex on some boys haha

Attachment not found
I know people who are wth people who dress like idiots. So don't matter.

17 year old male with a cheery disposition pretty much all the time.
No1 with me
Original post by PhilipG1

Attachment not found

damn they fresh af.
Reply 7
Original post by PhilipG1

Attachment not found

Wyatts for me personally https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/32/85/b33285cb96dee84359ab4e264fbeddca.jpg (I'm an idiot, I can't link for shii)
I don't really care either way tbh. I don't like this caveman look that's in rn, and very masculine and muscular men scare me :redface: You're fine op :smile:

Your waist size is tiny :eek:
Reply 9

pretty boys who look early 20's or younger are the only type of guys who can get away looking/acting like that and still get desireable women....
Reply 10
Original post by EnderGirlz224
well my opinion as a 15 year old girl is that you should grow the hell up. You are 20 years old and you sound like a prepubescent girl.
You should realise that people of your age don't care about this **** and even if they do you should shut them out of your life. Look at a man called park jimin for
example, he isn't manly and yet women love him. I feel like you are being hard on yourself. BTW I'm on my mates account don't hate on her

Park Jimin is a girl though?
People my age do care, in fact they probably care as much if not more than people your age, when you go to uni you meet a lot of people, male and female, and getting a girlfriend/boyfriend etc is important for a lot of people, so they dress up when they go out, maybe you don't do it specifically for the opposite sex but for yourself, in that case you appear more confident in yourself, and confidence is attractive.
Park Jimin is a girl though?
People my age do care, in fact they probably care as much if not more than people your age, when you go to uni you meet a lot of people, male and female, and getting a girlfriend/boyfriend etc is important for a lot of people, so they dress up when they go out, maybe you don't do it specifically for the opposite sex but for yourself, in that case you appear more confident in yourself, and confidence is attractive.

Park Jimin's a boy. but I agree withyou, my friend was just being harsh. but still accept yourself and youll find someone .
Reply 12
Original post by LadyLoony
I don't really care either way tbh. I don't like this caveman look that's in rn, and very masculine and muscular men scare me :redface: You're fine op :smile:

Your waist size is tiny :eek:

I have a friend who was asked to be in an advert because he has a beard, if he put on a heavy knitted jumper and smoked a pipe he would look like an fisherman (apparently) so that's why he was approached haha.

Yeah I know, I've broad shoulders which make it a bit more obvious, Its a pain finding jeans.
Reply 13
Original post by EnderGirlz224
Park Jimin's a boy. but I agree withyou, my friend was just being harsh. but still accept yourself and youll find someone .

I looked on the first wiki page, it says "She is a member of South Korean girl duo 15&"..

Thanks anyway.
I looked on the first wiki page, it says "She is a member of South Korean girl duo 15&"..

Thanks anyway.

Oh I was talking about Park Jimin from BTS. :smile:
@seanf999
how are you btw, im bored
Ok, here goes the mature 18 year old female's opinion. I think that you are stressing over this and personally I don't think you need to. If you are satisfied with the way you are then stop worrying about what other people think. Personally I don't really mind too much what guys look like - a decent face and a good personality usually does the trick. Also, in my opinion the average looking guys are usually more attractive than the "hot guys". Seriously, I'm sure you'll find someone eventually who will like you for who you are.

Lastly, there is absolutely no need to bring Jimin into this. I get it, he's good looking but remember he is famous and most of us don't look like that.
OP google Kpop, take a look at those guys. They have millions of fangirls and they don't look like your typical macho manly man type of guys.

Edit: Omg i didnt realise so many people brought this up XD
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Miss.Unknow
OP google Kpop, take a look at those guys. They have millions of fangirls and they don't look like your typical macho manly man type of guys.

Edit: Omg i didnt realise so many people brought this up XD

That's japanese culture its alot different compared to here.Plus they look gay.
Original post by theoneandonlybob
That's japanese culture its alot different compared to here.Plus they look gay.

1.) They're Korean, not Japanese.
2.) Explain why they have..i dunno..millions of fans outside of Asia and especially in the West?
3.) Anime and Kpop are making this particular look popular, so you'll be alright!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending