The Student Room Group

Accepting offers

Hi all,

Hope everyone are getting offers and results in which they want.

Just a quick question:
I have accepted to study at Oxford this October, but UCL have offered me a deferred place due to my supervisor not being available this year.
Can I accept both and keep UCL as a back up?

I know that it is highly frowned upon to accept multiple offers, but in this situation would it be acceptable?

Many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stros006
Hi all,

Hope everyone are getting offers and results in which they want.

Just a quick question:
I have accepted to study at Oxford this October, but UCL have offered me a deferred place due to my supervisor not being available this year.
Can I accept both and keep UCL as a back up?

I know that it is highly frowned upon to accept multiple offers, but in this situation would it be acceptable?

Many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really see what the problem is - have you decided to go to Oxford? If yes, defer your offer to UCL and decline it when you turn up at Oxford in October. That's perfectly fine.
Reply 2
Original post by tomv46
I don't really see what the problem is - have you decided to go to Oxford? If yes, defer your offer to UCL and decline it when you turn up at Oxford in October. That's perfectly fine.

That's brill, thanks for your reply.
I just did not want to get kicked off any of the courses.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stros006
That's brill, thanks for your reply.
I just did not want to get kicked off any of the courses.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you should be fine. If your offer is deferred, they won't process it until next year anyway - so your holding a deferred offer won't make any difference to their registration lists, class numbers, etc etc. It's pretty standard to hold Masters offers (sorry, I'm assuming this is a Masters) in reserve anyway, so that kind of thing is totally expected. Good luck on your course and congrats on getting into Oxford.
Reply 4
Original post by tomv46
Yeah, you should be fine. If your offer is deferred, they won't process it until next year anyway - so your holding a deferred offer won't make any difference to their registration lists, class numbers, etc etc. It's pretty standard to hold Masters offers (sorry, I'm assuming this is a Masters) in reserve anyway, so that kind of thing is totally expected. Good luck on your course and congrats on getting into Oxford.

Ah that makes sense with the system. Thank you, my reservations have been lifted !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending