The Student Room Group

I've genuinely begun to sympathise with the far-right

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hirsty97
Yes I agree my views started to a change a year ago it was after I started to learn about the racist Black lives Matter crap. I became conscious of the ubiquitous anti-white hatred in the media and popular culture.

The UK should put an ultimatum on immigration for 50 years. Imo we should never have allowed the immigrant population to exceed 5% particularly from non European countries and not India and China

Your reply doesn't fit the topic. The OP particularly discussed the negative impacts of non-compliance with integration in the UK amongst immigrants. However, you are talking about "Black lives matter" (BLM) (which isn't an issue in the UK at all)? And immigration cap? Anti-white
"hatred in the media"? That's just ridiculously unfunny it's unbelievable. :rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
To begin ripping apart this nonsense, let's start with figuring out what the far-right actually are. You seem to think the far right want "integration", which is part of their agenda, yes. However their motive is more ulterior, it's an unhealthy obsession with race, specifically the white race and some nonsense about staying white.

And that sort of narrative and rhetoric has rubbed off on this post. I genuinely cannot understand how a lot of the things you've listed such as halal meat and "punjabi GCSE" is somehow direct signs that people are not integrating and how its possibly bothering you. And then there's the issue you have with queuing, i cannot possibly begin to imagine what sort of thing comes up in your head. And then there's the language thing. Really? Why do people even put this as an argument? Are you triggered by people saying stuff that you can't understand? You may not like it, fine, but that does not validate a set of extreme political views.

Furthermore your extensive use of anecdotal fallacies is the textbook definition of a degenerate racist. You see some small observations, you automatically generalise all immigrants and then express an underlying hate for them.

Another feature of the far right is that they deliberately skew reality and distort it to the point where it suits their agenda. In this case you're trying to make it out as if british values and culture is being eroded and somehow this country has transformed. Which just reeks of complete stupidity and bigotry but that seems like your speciality. Ive noticed a lot of passive aggressive posts from you.

This seems like another case of a racist coming out having read one too many breitbart and infowars articles.
Original post by Inexorably
Send help! Just kidding.

I do like this clever ploy though, pretend as if you're a centrist who's been red-pilled
Original post by lordstar22
To begin ripping apart this nonsense, let's start with figuring out what the far-right actually are. You seem to think the far right want "integration", which is part of their agenda, yes. However their motive is more ulterior, it's an unhealthy obsession with race, specifically the white race and some nonsense about staying white.

And that sort of narrative and rhetoric has rubbed off on this post. I genuinely cannot understand how a lot of the things you've listed such as halal meat and "punjabi GCSE" is somehow direct signs that people are not integrating and how its possibly bothering you. And then there's the issue you have with queuing, i cannot possibly begin to imagine what sort of thing comes up in your head. And then there's the language thing. Really? Why do people even put this as an argument? Are you triggered by people saying stuff that you can't understand? You may not like it, fine, but that does not validate a set of extreme political views.

Furthermore your extensive use of anecdotal fallacies is the textbook definition of a degenerate racist. You see some small observations, you automatically generalise all immigrants and then express an underlying hate for them.

Another feature of the far right is that they deliberately skew reality and distort it to the point where it suits their agenda. In this case you're trying to make it out as if british values and culture is being eroded and somehow this country has transformed. Which just reeks of complete stupidity and bigotry but that seems like your speciality. Ive noticed a lot of passive aggressive posts from you.

This seems like another case of a racist coming out having read one too many breitbart and infowars articles.

One thing, the Halal thing is a good reason and indicator. Where I live, every fcking restaurant/eat place literally has HALAL FOOD hanging on the door. Why? Because there are so many people who otherwise will just immediately look past your food place. It is a bad indicator when there is a need for people to do this, purely to attract customer as they are a high percentage of potential customers who otherwise will just ignore your business.

So yes? Bad when British people have to change their food menus to suite immigrants/foreign people or you will lose most customers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Somepersonhere
One thing, the Halal thing is a good reason and indicator. Where I live, every fcking restaurant/eat place literally has HALAL FOOD hanging on the door. Why? Because there are so many people who otherwise will just immediately look past your food place. It is a bad indicator when there is a need for people to do this, purely to attract customer as they are a high percentage of potential customers who otherwise will just ignore your business.

Halal meat is only for muslims, the halal sign is there so that muslims won't have to come in and inquire about it. It doesn't mean they're losing business.

Also your logic doesnt make sense. So because there's halal meat kebab shops and stuff, that somehow means that people arent integrating? Is the only way for muslims to integrate to eat non halal meat?

It also shocks me why a halal sign is enough to trigger you, irony is that its far right apologists like you who call us all snowflakes and the triggered ones.
Original post by lordstar22
Halal meat is only for muslims, the halal sign is there so that muslims won't have to come in and inquire about it. It doesn't mean they're losing business.

Also your logic doesnt make sense. So because there's halal meat kebab shops and stuff, that somehow means that people arent integrating? Is the only way for muslims to integrate to eat non halal meat?

It also shocks me why a halal sign is enough to trigger you, irony is that its far right apologists like you who call us all snowflakes and the triggered ones.

I'm not white nor am I born in England, but why do the British people who originally lived here have to eat meat that is prepared different because of the mass immigration? They shouldn't have too. Yes I'm technically a immigrant in the UK, but I was raised in a EU country and live by western standards and believes. No it is not necessary to eat non halal meat, but when food places are basically forced to change themselves to suit the average customer something is wrong. With forced I mean, either change it to halal or lose over 50% of potential customers.
Original post by Zargabaath
I'm Indian, the child of immigrants and even I can sympathise with them when it comes with immigrants not integrating. You've come over to this country, presumably because the one you're from is crap. So why cling to the backwards ass culture when that's the thing you moved to get away from?
if i was an immigrant, i'd find it difficult to integrate in a society which doesn't accept me.
Original post by ellie0497
if i was an immigrant, i'd find it difficult to integrate in a society which doesn't accept me.

I integrated perfectly :smile:, no one would notice I wasn't white if they just spoke to me without ever seeing me. On the phone no one would ever notice, or If I actually just put a bag over my head no one would ever notice :P
I'm not white nor am I born in England, but why do the British people who originally lived here have to eat meat that is prepared different because of the mass immigration? They shouldn't have too. Yes I'm technically a immigrant in the UK, but I was raised in a EU country and live by western standards and believes. No it is not necessary to eat non halal meat, but when food places are basically forced to change themselves to suit the average customer something is wrong. With forced I mean, either change it to halal or lose over 50% of potential customers.

Im a native and there's no different in halal taste. All meat is butchered cruelly, i couldnt care less that its halal. There's no different except for the namesake for consumers.

What is this trend with EU immigrants feeling more entitled to being here? You didnt even need a visa to get here and you're boasting. If I use your logic, you basically exploited the free movement, come into this country then bash other immigrants (who actually had to get a visa approved unlike your family) with no valid reason.

There is problems with all immigration, the EU is not exempt from that
Original post by Vanny17
Your reply doesn't fit the topic. The OP particularly discussed the negative impacts of non-compliance with integration in the UK amongst immigrants. However, you are talking about "Black lives matter" (BLM) (which isn't an issue in the UK at all)? And immigration cap? Anti-white
"hatred in the media"? That's just ridiculously unfunny it's unbelievable. :rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I was talking about when my views started to change and BLM is in the UK. I've seen a protest myself. Look at the BBC, even Trevor McDonald has called them anti-White
Original post by ellie0497

if i was an immigrant who thought like that, i'd find another society to live in, instead of going where i'm presumably not wanted and expecting everyone else to cater to me
Send help! Just kidding.

But seriously I have begun to, because I completely understand where they're coming from with the issues of [excessive] immigration. The UK has seriously become a place where instead of attempting to 'integrate' people we now instead 'accommodate' people and their viewpoints; we don't expect them to conform to British values and instead essentially give them the message "hey it's okay for you to impose your culture and ideals on us whilst at the same time criticising ours" and it's quite ridiculous.

I live near Swindon (it's...a....great....town) and there are so many areas of Swindon which are just filled completely with immigrants and because it's so highly-concentrated they are simply not making the effort to integrate with anyone outside of that immigrant community and will just keep to themselves. It's genuinely ridiculous to walk around and hear parents in public primarily talking to their kids in a foreign language; you're not going to integrate your children into England, Wales, Scotland etc. if you're not using the language of the land with them. So many of them also lack such simple etiquette such as the concept of queing or the concept of moving out of the way when someone is walking in the opposite direction on a crowded path.

There's been also several, several occasions where I've witnessed immigrants who can't even communicate in basic English. I recall one incident when one didn't even understand "what is your age" I mean for goodness sake?

Acceptance isn't bad, that's not what I'm saying, and everyone should accept everyone has their own individual beliefs. But likewise each country has its own culture, tradition etc. and when we force change that to adapt to the likes of a few immigrants (e.g. ****ing halal don't even get me started), then that's not integration. If they want that kinda culture then find a country like that...? If I ****ing went to Saudi Arabia and said "hey build me a church for Catholicism" quite rightly they'd say no as it's not in line with their culture, and whilst Saudi Arabia is a piece of ---- nation, not letting your culture erode is important.

Idk I just feel like this country is heading more and more into a disaster. The increase of language GCSEs/A-Levels for languages like Punjabi which are clearly being taken by native speakers is ridiculous. The obsession on halal is ridiculous, the number of people wearing headscarves is also ridiculous (and to quote a serious comment from a girl in my Philosophy class last year 'all women should wear headscarves', good integration!) and I know this isn't England, but a friend I have who lives in Germany says she's fed up of all the cat-calling she receives from Arabic men which has increased under mass immigration. Heck there's even a term for a form of the German language which stems from the fact that Turkish people decided they wanted to change it to fit their own ways.

Ik this is all just such a long rant but honestly the situation with immigration is getting out of control because people simply aren't being integrated, and if you just allow more and more in then it gets harder and harder to integrate. So for the first time I genuinely 100% sympathise with the views of the far-right and I sincerely hope something is at least done by someone.

Would you like to defect to TSR UKIP? The TSR Liberals does not seem to suit you so much.

They don't, the people who want halal meat eat the halal meat, the people who don't care don't. It's the same as having vegan choices available in a restaurant, the people who don't care don't eat the vegan choices unless they want it and its coincidentally listed as vegan.
(edited 6 years ago)
Send help! Just kidding.

But seriously I have begun to, because I completely understand where they're coming from with the issues of [excessive] immigration. The UK has seriously become a place where instead of attempting to 'integrate' people we now instead 'accommodate' people and their viewpoints; we don't expect them to conform to British values and instead essentially give them the message "hey it's okay for you to impose your culture and ideals on us whilst at the same time criticising ours" and it's quite ridiculous.

I live near Swindon (it's...a....great....town) and there are so many areas of Swindon which are just filled completely with immigrants and because it's so highly-concentrated they are simply not making the effort to integrate with anyone outside of that immigrant community and will just keep to themselves. It's genuinely ridiculous to walk around and hear parents in public primarily talking to their kids in a foreign language; you're not going to integrate your children into England, Wales, Scotland etc. if you're not using the language of the land with them. So many of them also lack such simple etiquette such as the concept of queing or the concept of moving out of the way when someone is walking in the opposite direction on a crowded path.

There's been also several, several occasions where I've witnessed immigrants who can't even communicate in basic English. I recall one incident when one didn't even understand "what is your age" I mean for goodness sake?

Acceptance isn't bad, that's not what I'm saying, and everyone should accept everyone has their own individual beliefs. But likewise each country has its own culture, tradition etc. and when we force change that to adapt to the likes of a few immigrants (e.g. ****ing halal don't even get me started), then that's not integration. If they want that kinda culture then find a country like that...? If I ****ing went to Saudi Arabia and said "hey build me a church for Catholicism" quite rightly they'd say no as it's not in line with their culture, and whilst Saudi Arabia is a piece of ---- nation, not letting your culture erode is important.

Idk I just feel like this country is heading more and more into a disaster. The increase of language GCSEs/A-Levels for languages like Punjabi which are clearly being taken by native speakers is ridiculous. The obsession on halal is ridiculous, the number of people wearing headscarves is also ridiculous (and to quote a serious comment from a girl in my Philosophy class last year 'all women should wear headscarves', good integration!) and I know this isn't England, but a friend I have who lives in Germany says she's fed up of all the cat-calling she receives from Arabic men which has increased under mass immigration. Heck there's even a term for a form of the German language which stems from the fact that Turkish people decided they wanted to change it to fit their own ways.

Ik this is all just such a long rant but honestly the situation with immigration is getting out of control because people simply aren't being integrated, and if you just allow more and more in then it gets harder and harder to integrate. So for the first time I genuinely 100% sympathise with the views of the far-right and I sincerely hope something is at least done by someone.

Coming from a country where British buyers pretty much out-compete locals to the best properties (due to the stronger currency), you have no argument whatsoever and this entire post stinks of racism. Do not bother calling me "snowflake" because I am neither right winged or left winged, instead, my opinions are based solely on logic. There is nothing you listed here that the British do not/have not in one way or the other do/done to other cultures. If we want to be cheeky and go back in history, the British have actually been the worst immigrants when it comes to forcing their beliefs on others. But I digress. Lets talk about the present. Take a trip to Spain and see how many Britons live there without speaking Spanish. Some even deliberately live in "expat" communities just so they don't have to learn Spanish (but want to enjoy the Spanish weather). There is a pub in most corners of Spain thanks to the British. Things are much worse for locals in the Caribbean because there you have the skin colour factor. Many British expats want to enjoy the sun without living amongst them which is very unfortunate. Anyone who accepts immigrants into their country has a similar story to tell but you are being particularly vicious and spiteful about yours.

Immigration has been and will always be till the end of time. Halal meat and Punjabi GCSEs are affecting you in no way, shape or form, get a grip on yourself. No one is forcing you to convert to Islam. Furthermore, if a parent decides to speak to THEIR child in a particular language hunny, it is not your business. The fact that you had to bring Saudi Arabia which is abhorred for it atrocious attack on human rights is downright disgusting and just shows how willing you are to distort reality just so your narrative can appear less senseless. With this attitude, why would any immigrant in their right senses even think of integrating with you?

To the person who brought up Black Lives Matter, this post proves the need for its existence. People have generalised black men as thugs who are always out to cause trouble and sell drugs. Somehow though, they are yet to generalise white men as lone wolfs who perpetuate most of the random killings in schools and churches lol. For this reason, Black Lives Matter. With the detrimental generalisation of BM, and the trigger happy force that is the police in America, we have a lethal cocktail leading to dead black bodies for petty crimes like broken tail lights, selling bootleg CDs and "wearing a hoodie" lol. Thus, attention must be drawn to the importance of the black life. So yes, all lives matter, but some people are not aware that the black life matters just as much BECAUSE OF GENERALISATIONS.

Stop putting everyone in the same box today and watch how your skin begins to glow.

That is all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Force people to partake in community projects with fellow citizens, ensure that people need to pass a certain standard of English test to reside in this country, disintegrate existing built-up-immigrant housing communities (this is the government's fault), offer free community classes on aspects of British life and naturally language courses

We do not force native citizens to partake in community projects because they aren't considered 'integrated' into the community enough so why should we expect that of foreign people?

Reductio ad absurdum much. I literally already gave examples so I'm not quite sure why you're asking but; the consistent pressure to have halal food products, the consistently unnecessary forced tolerance of the headscarf and any form of religious clothing (I feel the same way about all religious clothing), the growth in Sharia courts, the growth of, Islamic in particular, state faith schools, the increasing realm of PC surrounding religion & race and the need to 'not offend anyone at all' and accept everything at face-value, and more importantly that movement should be absolutely free. So many of these people who have emigrated here have managed to do so via free movement and have continued time and time ago to press the rhetoric that "there should be no borders!" which is clearly countary to the ideals of almost every developed western nation.

I know you gave these as examples (highlighted in bold) but I want to know how these values are being imposed on us. If some person down the road decides to eat halal or wear a headscarf (or dare do both!) that isn't going to affect my life or the life of anyone else, except perhaps the family of that person.

I do not agree with faith schools at all, and while you do have a point there it's worth remembering that of the thousands of faith schools in this country only 11 are Islamic.

I already addressed this; because you're not helping your children to learn the language of the land they're living in? Dialects are hardly comparable considering the vocal and lexical difference between that of dialects and English is absolutely minute compared to that of a language like Arabic.

But this isn't the point, yes it would be hard and that is why you need to use it and be exposed to it as much as possible. It's not acceptable for a child still learning language to go to school for 6 hours and then come home and spend 18 hours a day using a completely different language, because then his/her English skills suffer vastly in comparison to the other language. I have no issue with teenagers or adults doing it, but children who are still developing language faculties, I do.

But at the end of the day, since English is by far the dominant language in this country they will no doubt learn it to a sufficient level, either through personal desire or necessity.

We must have very different experiences then as I've witnessed this several, several times (I couldn't give you a number as it's that many) as well as general disregard for common polite courtesies such as saying thank you or please or apologising etc.

Oh you poor thing! Quick, better close down the borders because some person didn't say thank you or apologise. Wouldn't want some internet person to feel upset.

Funny how you mentioned people becoming too PC/upset by things and here you are moaning about people cutting queues.

Once again reductio ad absurdum, so if you're going to try and respond at least do it properly. I would hope you have the mentally capacity to realise that those were merely e x a m p l e s of things which have arisen in this country as a result of mass immigration. In this reply I have also named others, and the fact you seem to be underplaying the issue of people who can't speak English in England is... very worrying to say the least.

If you set up an argument that concludes that immigration is changing this country, and that this change is important and to the detriment to the native population, then you should provide better examples than 'There are people who eat different food to us!'.
I'm Indian, the child of immigrants and even I can sympathise with them when it comes with immigrants not integrating. You've come over to this country, presumably because the one you're from is crap. So why cling to the backwards ass culture when that's the thing you moved to get away from?

This is an affluent/educated immigrant opinion to hold. Low class immigrants tend to hate British culture and prefer their own because their experience of British culture is grey blocks of council flats and chavvy blue collar Whites and they don't have the experience of life to realise that that's still heaven compared with Mirpur, Sylhet and Kabul.
(edited 6 years ago)

Force people to partake in community projects with fellow citizens, ensure that people need to pass a certain standard of English test to reside in this country, disintegrate existing built-up-immigrant housing communities (this is the government's fault), offer free community classes on aspects of British life and naturally language courses.

Why should immigrants waste their time partaking in community projects when many Britions don't even care about the community themselves? Also, why waste money on funding for free community classes when the immigrants can learn the aspects of British life by themselves? Immigrants don't need classes to learn culture in Britain, however, the reason why they still live under their own culture is because they want to. Not because they don't know what a 'British life' is.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well done you must feel so special that you speak like a white person. FFS grow up, you will still be discriminated against in real life because of the colour of you skin. Telling British people that only white skin matters is the primary reason far right parties do so well. The truth is no one should hate on anyone else on the basis of skin colour or religion. Also, it is bulls*** to say foreigners cannot speak their own language to their kids. As if English people who live in China will go around speaking Chinese to their children in public. Integration should be a priority but only to second generation immigrants (namely children).

What if they were forced to migrate due to war or a poor economy? What if they just want to raise their children in a safe place? It's very ignorant to say they come to the uk to get away from their "backwards ass culture" 🤔
I have to say OP that i always had you down as a bit of a hippy (are you also feeling the urge to embrace the market and picture May as a strong and stable mother figure to the country :tongue: ) but yes, most of what you say is correct.

Multiculturalism over multiculturalism seems in practice to basically be about allowing people to keep their own cultures in little concentrated areas. This leads to a situation where you can feel a foreigner in your own land.

I myself came to your realisation around 2014 when i realised that the social democrats did not just accept diversity and the ethno-cultural damage that can come with certain immigration but rather that they actually shunned all compromise and sought it out. What Merkel (formerly heroic during the debt crisis) tried doing to eastern Europe (force Muslim quotas on them) was utterly awful and disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending