The Student Room Group

Is it that bad to work at Mcdonalds?

It's literally getting to the point where i'm just desperate to make my own money now and i've tried multiple places and I've had few responses. Now i've heard that mcdonalds is easy to get into but I really have been trying to avoid there because it's just ugh...really doesn't attract me. So is it really that bad working there and if so what are the alternatives for a 17 yr old.
I hatw working there and im planning on leaving unless i can move to my brothers branch(he works there) and put on till, otherwise id look at a local cinema or maybe a theme park like Adventure Island or something
There's nothing inherently wrong about working at McDonalds. Someone has to take the job; it just has a bad reputation because people don't exactly associate it with achievement, and the pay isn't good either. But if you really need the money, there's no reason why you shouldn't take the job up. Its better than just doing nothing and giving up on the money.

Then again, there are many ways of trying to make a little money. You could try to sell some unused stuff around the house, do some landscaping etc.
Reply 3
Original post by WannabeA*
I hatw working there and im planning on leaving unless i can move to my brothers branch(he works there) and put on till, otherwise id look at a local cinema or maybe a theme park like Adventure Island or something

So, why exactly do you hate working there?
Original post by 0lut0
It's literally getting to the point where i'm just desperate to make my own money now and i've tried multiple places and I've had few responses. Now i've heard that mcdonalds is easy to get into but I really have been trying to avoid there because it's just ugh...really doesn't attract me. So is it really that bad working there and if so what are the alternatives for a 17 yr old.

Working there isnt as bad as people make out.
Obviously its not got a great reputation, which puts some people off, but it isnt that bad. It isnt everyones cup of tea, but its ok there.
I wouldnt have worked there for 9 years if it was that bad.
Theres a lot of flexibility, with regards to shifts etc. And although it depends by store (different franchises and company owned etc) the pay isnt too bad at most stores. The money was better there than the last nursery i worked at (which is surprising seeing as working in a nursery you have the responsibility of looking after peoples kids etc).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending