The Student Room Group

Do girls find it unattractive if a guy has been obese in the past?

But is not anymore (in fact, being quite fit and athletic now)?

Honest opinions, I won't judge. I just want to know how girls feel about it.
Why would they care about the past. I guess it could show the girls you are determined :smile:
I find it even more attractive that he has turned his life around and that he had the courage. And he got to where he is now. Wouldn't give a damn!
Reply 3
Past is the past dude. If a guy is fit now but was obese before I'd still bone them just as hard as if they'd always been fit
Reply 4
Some girls might see it as an inherent personality flaw.
Reply 5
Depends whether your wallet is "obese" or not?
Reply 6
Original post by emerald7770
I find it even more attractive that he has turned his life around and that he had the courage. And he got to where he is now. Wouldn't give a damn!

Same
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Some girls might see it as an inherent personality flaw.

For being obese in the past? Well if you're gonna get rejected based on that are they really worth your time....?
Reply 8
If you have a normal weight now, not at all. :h:

In fact, knowing how much he managed to change his life around is admirable. Not everyone has the strength, determination, organisation skills, and willpower to go from obese to fit and quite athletic, and the fact that someone managed to do it makes it likely that they possess some or all the traits I specified, which are all very desirable in a partner.
(edited 6 years ago)
I know loads of males who were chubby earlier in life and bulked up later...has someone actually turned you down for this...? lol That aint right.
I can't see why they would
But is not anymore (in fact, being quite fit and athletic now)?

Honest opinions, I won't judge. I just want to know how girls feel about it.

Sounds like this is more about you. You need to put the past behind you, you clearly haven't. Forgive yourself.
Original post by 0to100
I know loads of males who were chubby earlier in life and bulked up later...has someone actually turned you down for this...? lol That aint right.

I haven't. Well, not yet. I overheard the best friend of a girl I asked out telling her that, basically, she shouldn't date me 'cos I used to be obese.
I haven't. Well, not yet. I overheard the best friend of a girl I asked out telling her that, basically, she shouldn't date me 'cos I used to be obese.

LOL, this girl sounds like a weirdo, you've got nothing to worry about.

Original post by Fermion.
LOL, this girl sounds like a weirdo, you've got nothing to worry about.

:rofl:

maybe she thinks obesity is a bad gene or something, idk, kinda silly.

I mean some obese people are obese because of like gland problems. But mostly it's not genetic lmao. It's more so cultural. Like the mum eats sausage rolls so the baby eats sausage rolls :rofl:
Original post by 0to100
:rofl:

maybe she thinks obesity is a bad gene or something, idk, kinda silly.

I mean some obese people are obese because of like gland problems. But mostly it's not genetic lmao. It's more so cultural. Like the mum eats sausage rolls so the baby eats sausage rolls :rofl:

Honestly, this is why relationships never work out. Wont date a guy because he used to be obese? Wtf is this world coming to, PMSL.
I can tell you this from experience,
NO
The thing is when people turn their lives around they arn't C**ky about it.
Just make sure you have a good personality along with those good looks and good luck
Original post by Fermion.
Honestly, this is why relationships never work out. Wont date a guy because he used to be obese? Wtf is this world coming to, PMSL.

oh yea the world is crazy and getting crazier in more ways than one
from stupidity to evil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending