The Student Room Group

Can someone explain to me why I'm not allowed in my room when my sister uses the

shower?
My room is connected to another room
My mother installed a shower into the room.
When my sister uses the shower I am not allowed access to my room.
I do not understand why I can't go into my room.
She tells me that she wants her privacy. She has that, I'm in my room, I'm not bothering her. How am I stopping her from showering by being in my room?
It's really annoying me, I feel I should be allowed to go into my room. It's not like I'm going to look at my sister while she's washing.
I do not understand why she can't have a bath or wash via the sink in the bathroom.
It's my room, I feel I should have access to it at all times.
My mother tells me I'm in the wrong for wanting to be in my room.
My sister tells me that I don't have respect for females.
I don't understand how I am in the wrong or disrespecting females by wanting to stay in my room.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Catsarefamily
shower?
She tells me that she wants her privacy. She has that, I'm in my room, I'm not bothering her. How am I stopping her from showering by being in my room?
It's really annoying me, I feel I should be allowed to go into my room. It's not like I'm going to look at my sister while she's washing.
I do not understand why she can't have a bath or wash via the sink in the bathroom.

Sounds like you're living in really harsh conditions there. Hope you can get this sorted, if not you're probably going to have to move out.
Ask ur parents cuz I don't know
Tell her to not have a shower and refuse to move.
t to heant to hear
Original post by addingishard
Sounds like you're living in really harsh conditions there. Hope you can get this sorted, if not you're probably going to have to move out.

I wouldn't say it's harsh, it's more awkward. I try to explain my view but my mother tells me that she doesn't want to hear.

I am 24, my sister is 19.
Original post by KYXLOVESDYX
Tell her to not have a shower and refuse to move.

I can't do that, she has a right to have a shower.
There's a shower in the bathroom but it's not working, I do not understand why my mother hasn't gotten that fixed if she did I wouldn't be in this situation.

My mother has told me that something like this happens when you're living someone but I don't think someone has a shower near their room.
Tell her that it is your room and you have the right to stay inside whenever you want and its her choice whether she has a shower or not, nothing to do with you being in your room.
Original post by KYXLOVESDYX
Tell her that it is your room and you have the right to stay inside whenever you want and its her choice whether she has a shower or not, nothing to do with you being in your room.

if he doesn't own the house, he doesn't get to make the rules
True
Why not ask your mum to put a lock on your door and then your sister can lock you in when shes having a shower? Ofc if theres a fire then you could be toast.

Getting the shower fixed in the main bathroom would be better but also make the shower ins your sisters room redundant.

They could also make you another entrance.

Ps I see your point. Sometimes things are unfair.
Original post by 999tigger
Why not ask your mum to put a lock on your door and then your sister can lock you in when shes having a shower? Ofc if theres a fire then you could be toast.

Getting the shower fixed in the main bathroom would be better but also make the shower ins your sisters room redundant.

They could also make you another entrance.

Ps I see your point. Sometimes things are unfair.

The rooms are technically one big room split in two so they have one door.
The shower is in the room next to my room, I would still use it.
It's not that deep.
I understand it must be frustrating, but as long as she is not having multiple showers a day for 30+mins don't take it to heart.
I am 17 and I have to share my room with my 10 year old sister, who is messy, steals and damages my things and snores lmao.
Yes it's annoying, but it's not that much of a big deal, and if your sister feels that uncomfortable with you being in your room while she is in the shower, then respect her wishes.
I know this is probs not what you wanted to hear, but yeah.
they think you are gonna incestuously perve on her
Reply 13
Do you have a peep hole that you're not telling us about?
shower?
My mother tells me I'm in the wrong for wanting to be in my room.
My sister tells me that I don't have respect for females.
I don't understand how I am in the wrong or disrespecting females by wanting to stay in my room.

Is that the only thing you have to worry about in life? Poor you. Get over it. It won't last forever.
Mate, your 24 and you're on here whining about not being allowed in your room lol. Move out or get on with what your mum tells you to do. Not every 24 year old is living at home with the joys of having a mum to do washing and cooking, speaking from experience!
Original post by UWS
Do you have a peep hole that you're not telling us about?

Probably prefer a gloryhole lol
Original post by karl pilkington
they think you are gonna incestuously perve on her

That makes no sense. Incest is rare.

Original post by Seamus123
Is that the only thing you have to worry about in life? Poor you. Get over it. It won't last forever.

I do have other things I worry about. You're not a nice person.

Original post by Anonymous
Mate, your 24 and you're on here whining about not being allowed in your room lol. Move out or get on with what your mum tells you to do. Not every 24 year old is living at home with the joys of having a mum to do washing and cooking, speaking from experience!

*You're.(I seriously cannot believe you used your instead of you're and then used you're correctly...)

You do not understand, this is something that shouldn't be happening. I should be allowed in my room. I do not understand how being in my room would bother her.
I don't think there are many people who are in simular siturations.
Move out? I can't do that. I don't have anywhere to go and I don't want to yet.
I am able to do my own cooking.

*You're.(I seriously cannot believe you used your instead of you're and then used you're correctly...)

You do not understand, this is something that shouldn't be happening. I should be allowed in my room. I do not understand how being in my room would bother her.

I do indeed understand. I had 7 children in a 3 bedroom house and we managed. And your situation is not unique. On the positive side of your situation, you have a home, a bedroom of your own, parents to look after you. I cannot see what is so unbearable about your life. Maybe you should be more grateful for what you have, instead of whining about what you can't have. When you grow up, you will be able to move out and be independent and then you can do what you like. Your parents have rules, like most parents. That is their right. You are ungrateful.

If you have nowhere to go and don't want to go then quit your fu***ng whining!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending