The Student Room Group

Is it bad to finish second year with a 2:2?

I messed up first term this year which really negatively impacted my grade which meant that even though I worked hard second term I still only averaged 57%. Is this really bad? If I work hard next year will it be possible to bring my grade up to a good 2:1? Also when I am applying for graduate schemes, if they say they need a predicted 2:1, how likely are they to consider my application based on what I got this year?
Reply 1
Original post by jake-1996
I messed up first term this year which really negatively impacted my grade which meant that even though I worked hard second term I still only averaged 57%. Is this really bad? If I work hard next year will it be possible to bring my grade up to a good 2:1? Also when I am applying for graduate schemes, if they say they need a predicted 2:1, how likely are they to consider my application based on what I got this year?

People with 2:2 degrees (or a "Desmond") are going to find it hard to find a job after graduating. A lot of schemes and jobs look for a 2:1 or higher so essentially you won't be eligible for those roles. A lot of companies look at what you're predicted anyway so you can apply for graduate schemes now if you want. However, if you fail to achieve your predicted grade, you wouldn't be able to work there as they do ask for evidence.

Still apply but try your best for a 2:1 or higher.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending