The Student Room Group

Stuff to do in summer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by serious_bethany
I've just finished my AS year (year 12) so last summer I was in your shoes.
I wasn't worrying about the extra reading however the jump from GCSE to A-Levels is bigger than expected.
Choosing topics that you love will of course help you succeed greatly however please proceed cautiously.
I've been getting AAA and I never seemed to stop working.
If you want to take essay based subjects I advise starting revision notes early to make room for practise papers nearer exam time.
Good luck!

I think I'm going to start making notes as soon as I go back so then when it comes to revision I have everything ready :smile: thanks for your advice, its helped a lot and has also reassured me. Good luck for your AS results!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by honeybee1
I think I'm going to start making lessons as soon as I go back so then when it comes to revision I have everything ready :smile: thanks for your advice, its helped a lot and has also reassured me. Good luck for your AS results!

Thank you 😊
Original post by honeybee1
Oh right, well happy birthday for Tuesday & good luck for getting your work experience placement :biggrin: did you just go into your local hospital and ask about it?:smile:

thank you so much :smile: & no, basically, I went on to their website and under 'work for us' or something similar, there will be either 'volunteering' or 'work experience' and I initially was going to do 'work experience' but there were no work experience jobs going on at the time so I settled for volunteering and printed off the two forms that I have to fill and send off to the address they provide
Reply 23
Original post by notgonnasaymisha
thank you so much :smile: & no, basically, I went on to their website and under 'work for us' or something similar, there will be either 'volunteering' or 'work experience' and I initially was going to do 'work experience' but there were no work experience jobs going on at the time so I settled for volunteering and printed off the two forms that I have to fill and send off to the address they provide

Oh right ok, thanks I will have to have a look :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending