The Student Room Group

In pill and no withdrawal bleed?

I started the pill last month, this is my first time on the pill, and I finished my 21 days on Wednesday and so stopped to have my 7 day withdrawal bleed, it's now been 4 days and I've had absolutely no bleeding. Is this normal? What's should I do? I have so many thoughts going through my mind, such as I've ruined my body by taking it and I'm now infertile and stuff like that, just because I get paranoid very easily. There is also absolutely no way that I am pregnant unless the lord himself has chosen me as Mary number 2 and that's also very unlikely😂 But seriously I'm very worried I've damaged my body or something. I have been getting period cramps and I got sore boobs like I usually do, but before the pill I'd get sore boobs the day before and then my period would start but I got sore boobs a few days ago and absolutely nothing. Please if you could soothe my raging, anxiety driven thoughts that would be much appreciated x
Original post by Livvyroseee
I started the pill last month, this is my first time on the pill, and I finished my 21 days on Wednesday and so stopped to have my 7 day withdrawal bleed, it's now been 4 days and I've had absolutely no bleeding. Is this normal? What's should I do? I have so many thoughts going through my mind, such as I've ruined my body by taking it and I'm now infertile and stuff like that, just because I get paranoid very easily. There is also absolutely no way that I am pregnant unless the lord himself has chosen me as Mary number 2 and that's also very unlikely😂 But seriously I'm very worried I've damaged my body or something. I have been getting period cramps and I got sore boobs like I usually do, but before the pill I'd get sore boobs the day before and then my period would start but I got sore boobs a few days ago and absolutely nothing. Please if you could soothe my raging, anxiety driven thoughts that would be much appreciated x

I m not a doctor, but it takes time for your body to adjust to the pill so if there's no possibility you re pregnant then just try and stay calm.
Original post by Livvyroseee

My 7 days fall Monday-Sunday so Monday is day 1 without the pill. My period starts on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning and continues until Monday/Tuesday so you're totally fine. As @claireestelle said, it takes time to adjust and everyone is different.
Reply 3
Original post by paivann
Absolutely normal in my opinion. I start my withdrawal week on a Tuesday and I don't start bleeding until Saturday. For some people it starts sooner, others later. Some people don't get their withdrawal bleed until they have been on the pill for a few months. Honestly, don't worry :smile: Just depends on the person and probably which pill they're taking too.

Also when I first started the pill I had sore as hell boobs and period like cramps most days for the first 2/3 months. I still get period like cramps and occasionally sore boobs now really. So getting pains with no bleeding isn't unusual xD

Thank you xx
Reply 4
Original post by greghayes
My 7 days fall Monday-Sunday so Monday is day 1 without the pill. My period starts on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning and continues until Monday/Tuesday so you're totally fine. As @claireestelle said, it takes time to adjust and everyone is different.

Thank you xx
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
I m not a doctor, but it takes time for your body to adjust to the pill so if there's no possibility you re pregnant then just try and stay calm.

Thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest