The Student Room Group

if i start working out, will my chest get smaller? (girls)

so i've decided i'm finna finally glo up this summer and come back to college looking poppin. i'm planning on getting a bigger booty and working out my stomach and just getting a nicer figure in general. i'm quite thin and so i don't have a lot of excess fat on me at all really, so i doubt i would be doing a lot of cardio. however, i do plan on getting a flat stomach as that's one of my goals, so i guess i will be losing some fat. i've heard a lot of rumours however, that by exercising i'll be cutting fat from my breasts also and so my size will also reduce.

now, i'm not exactly busty at all. i'm pretty small but i'm kinda over that whole "i want bigger boobs" ting because i've learnt that i can be small-chested and still be cute and appreciated :smile: (and all of us girls a part of the itty bitty titty committee need to remember that). plus, i feel like focusing on my figure instead will help boost my self-confidence whilst also giving me opportunities to become more sociable and outgoing this summer by visiting the gym regularly.

i was just wondering though, from personal experience from any girls or any knowledge from anyone in general, with the exercises i've listed (so minimal cardio but there being stomach/ab workouts), will it be likely to see my breast size affected? part of me feels like having a flatter stomach will give me the illusion of having a bigger chest, whereas the other half of me fears that i'll actually lose some of my chest size due to the stomach exercise.

also, i've read up on chest exercises that can help give the appearance of perkier breasts. however, i've also seen other websites say that this actually just burns fat and so whilst it may give the illusion of bigger breasts, the size has actually shrunk. has anyone ever tried this out before? and if so, what happened as a result of it?

Reply 1
If your already skinny dont worry about losing weight. Just remember diet is as important as exercise. So research on that. Honestly try different workout plans and see how your body reacts. Do squats everyday and just research a workout plan. If you can try getting a personal trainer.
since you're already skinny - reduce carbs and more fruit + fibre foods - "reduce" not cut out junk (so make it a lifestyle not a diet) - that should help with the flat stomach

do that first^

then keep the fruit + fibre but you can add carbs when you start building muscle on the butt bc you'll be wanting
wanting carbs & proteins
ok and the breast thing
yeah they will reduce if you reduce overall body fat I guess you can build some muscle underneath that will stick them out more?

wait how come you don't have a butt *or* boobs?
id say dont do chest excercises if you already dont have much of a chest there wont be much to lift it will just reduce it - keep what ya got b
To be honest girl, just get a bit more toned. I can't speak for all men, but I'd certainly rather be with a smaller breasted woman with a nicer figure than some other woman with crazy huge boobs but a stomach in 2 time zones.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
ok and the breast thing
yeah they will reduce if you reduce overall body fat I guess you can build some muscle underneath that will stick them out more?

wait how come you don't have a butt *or* boobs?
id say dont do chest excercises if you already dont have much of a chest there wont be much to lift it will just reduce it - keep what ya got b

i forgot to mention that i do have a butt and most of my fat goes to my thighs, so i guess i'm going for that slim thick kinda look, just being especially thin on tha top lol, thank you for all the advice :smile:
Original post by HabibSyed
To be honest girl, just get a bit more toned. I can't speak for all men, but I'd certainly rather be with a smaller breasted woman with a nicer figure than some other woman with crazy huge boobs but a stomach in 2 time zones.

:yep:
It depends on your genetics. I haven't gone smaller and I have been training riguously for months. But that might be because I was never fat to begin with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending