The Student Room Group

How can I get a girlfriend?

I want one for the summer and i usually have no luck with women.

Also i get no matches on tinder

Scroll to see replies

I'd like to know too. I don't go to university anymore or work (I work on the internet) so I have no social life at the moment. Really need a girlfriend :-/ Walking around during the day no one seems to want to talk to anyone
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'd like to know too. I don't go to university anymore or work (I work on the internet) so I have no social life at the moment. Really need a girlfriend :-/ Walking around during the day no one seems to want to talk to anyone

With me I am 17 going to year 13 september. I have a social life but mainly male friends who dont have girlfriends aswell
With me I am 17 going to year 13 september. I have a social life but mainly male friends who dont have girlfriends aswell

Lol, meet girls in real life and have a convo with them, make sure it ain't dead, talk about what interests HER, even ask for her interests if u don't know any lmao, ask for there number when its going well and u get the vibe she wouldn't mind. Then text with confidence, and see if it leads anywhere :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
Buy putting yourself physically out there rather than digitally on TSR or Tinder
This is crazy

I was actually looking for a boyfriend for the summer
What's the point in just having one for the summer? They aren't a seasonal trend...

Stop trying to do it online. Get off tinder and all that and go and meet people the old fashioned way. It'll happen when it happens
Actually just realised you're too young it's ayt
"for the summer" uno like we're on sale in the pound shop
Go outside and talk to people
But why would you want a girlfriend for the summer specifically?:biggrin:
Original post by Ryanthom100
Lol, meet girls in real life and have a convo with them, make sure it ain't dead, talk about what interests HER, even ask for her interests if u don't know any lmao, ask for there number when its going well and u get the vibe she wouldn't mind. Then text with confidence, and see if it leads anywhere :wink:

Thanks but where can i actually talk to girls irl?

Approaching in public or street seems creepy af.

Maybe the gym? But the girls there are much older probably 20-25 and girls dont usually like young guys

I dont really have a thing for any of the girls in my year in school
Original post by The RAR
But why would you want a girlfriend for the summer specifically?:biggrin:

I dont want to be distracted or to distrsct someoen when school starts. I want to experience what its like to flirt kiss and connect with a girl
Dating websites/apps are not designed to help you find a relationship. They are designed in principle as digital business models, which rely on traffic and usage in order to generate income. One of the founders of a big dating site (Okcupid) admitted their "compatibility algorithm" was false. For example if you were determined to be 30% compatible with someone, Okcupid would tell you you were 85% compatible. The reasoning behind this was:

1) Based on the high compatibility score, you are more likely to date that person
2) You go on a date or 2 with your "match" but it doesn't work out as you actually aren't compatible
3) You go back on dating websites and apps as you reason that you had a date, it just didn't work out
4) Site/app continues to generate income from your continued usage.

Essentially if a dating site/app was highly successful, it would go out of business as it would lose many of it's customers quickly (if they were looking for relationships). A successful dating site/app, in terms of a business, relies on high volumes of traffic, which means people dating unsuccessfully and continuing to use the site/app. They give you enough of a bite of the carrot to keep you on the site/app, living in hope. It's how their businesses work.

That's a long winded way of saying if you want to find a serious relationship, dating sites/apps aren't the right place to do it as a general rule.
Reply 14
Step 1: Log off TSR
I want one for the summer and i usually have no luck with women.

Also i get no matches on tinder

Tesco? ASDA?
I dont want to be distracted or to distrsct someoen when school starts. I want to experience what its like to flirt kiss and connect with a girl

YEAHHHHHHHHH! Now you are talking!
Thanks but where can i actually talk to girls irl?

Approaching in public or street seems creepy af.

Maybe the gym? But the girls there are much older probably 20-25 and girls dont usually like young guys

I dont really have a thing for any of the girls in my year in school

Naa ur mad lol, gym is one of the worst places, what girl wants to get approached when they are all sweaty? Approach in like a food court in a shopping centre, somewhere u know girls will be sitting down.
Ditch the attitude of wanting a girlfriend just for the sake of it
For the summer? Sounds like you're after a friend with benefits or something, or a fling.

Anyway, with regards to you wanting...female company...I'll recycle what everyone else is saying, basically - go out.

Tinder isn't always a reliable source, as you've experienced, and you get a far better connection with someone when you're in the flesh. Also, you say you're going into Year 13...this means people will be having 18th birthday celebrations...you can meet girls there as well as at different gatherings you and your mates could easily throw.

When you're out and about doing your thing, the main aim should be to have a good time, though - remember that.

Then perhaps if you really like a girl you meet you can extend the loan deal or negotiate a full transfer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending