Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post anonymously something you want to get off your chest Watch

Announcements

I've just been reading through all these anonymous posts and it truly makes me sad as they are mostly about regret,sadness and insecurities.If anyone needs to talk about anything then my PM is open.

just recognised it was an anonymous post soz...^^^^^^^^
    post above is mine....

i think i will never like anyone ever.i just have crushes that eventually go if i go on holiday or don't see them for like 3 days

I've fallen in love with my best friend and I don't know how to tell her even though I desperately want to and also I know (for reasons due to sexual orientation) she is never going to feel the same about me. And due to work we've moved to places that are hours away and it feels like I am never going to see her.

I am only 19 yrs old and I am crazy obsessed with money and success. I dont have any of them.

I know things aren't great between us right now, but I hope you know how special you were and still are to me.

If I was American I would have voted for Donald aswell. Specifically for the policy of keeping certain people out. Its not perfect, but you definitely dont want certain people entering the country anymore than you want certain people getting work in a school.

Space exploration, getting a bit fed up of Mars now. Most of space ex revolves around the f'in red plant. Go to Neptune or somewhere.

Why do we always have ugly prime ministers? When was the last time we had a large breasted prime minister (preferably not blond tho)? Maybe then people would take her more seriously and she would gather more votes. Yes I am aware this contradicts my 1st point, stuff usually has exceptions. Its just that we have NEVER had a good lookin prime minister with big boobs.

My night tonight... Definitely the worst in my life. Still awake at 4:50am.....

Loathe my ex for 2timing and damaging me emotionally/mentally

will never forgive or forget

I just wish I could talk about my feelings and what's on my mind more openly..
    I just don't know how to and I keep pushing everyone away because of it.
    I don't mean to, but my friends pop up and complain because I don't talk to them enough but how can I tell them I don't like having the deep conversations everyday or any day.. I can't talk about my feelings nor do I want to. I've had a lot of bad things happen in my life - a lot. But by nature I'm an extremely optimistic person, I don't think or talk about any of it because I don't like it, it ruins my mood and the atmosphere around me so I just like to ignore it, it's my preference there's nothing forcing me to not talk about it.

How can I explain this to my friends ?

They are constantly pushing me to "let it out" and they say "you can talk to us about it" and I know they're just being good friends but I don't want to talk about it and I've told them why but they don't get it! And secondly, the other day, I opened up to a close friend about something I havnt talked to anyone
    About and later she made some pathetic excuse about why she had to send the whole chat to her boyfriend and that he felt "really sorry" for me. It isn't much of a big deal but I just didn't know how to feel, like they push me to open up and then instead of keeping it to themselves they feel the need to tell others?

Idk any advice anyone? I'm just feeling really down, I don't really know what advice you could give to be honest , I just wanted to say this and found this thread so thank you to the thread starter @andrewSCO
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just wish I could talk about my feelings and what's on my mind more openly..
    I just don't know how to and I keep pushing everyone away because of it.
    I don't mean to, but my friends pop up and complain because I don't talk to them enough but how can I tell them I don't like having the deep conversations everyday or any day.. I can't talk about my feelings nor do I want to. I've had a lot of bad things happen in my life - a lot. But by nature I'm an extremely optimistic person, I don't think or talk about any of it because I don't like it, it ruins my mood and the atmosphere around me so I just like to ignore it, it's my preference there's nothing forcing me to not talk about it.

How can I explain this to my friends ?

They are constantly pushing me to "let it out" and they say "you can talk to us about it" and I know they're just being good friends but I don't want to talk about it and I've told them why but they don't get it! And secondly, the other day, I opened up to a close friend about something I havnt talked to anyone
    About and later she made some pathetic excuse about why she had to send the whole chat to her boyfriend and that he felt "really sorry" for me. It isn't much of a big deal but I just didn't know how to feel, like they push me to open up and then instead of keeping it to themselves they feel the need to tell others?

Idk any advice anyone? I'm just feeling really down, I don't really know what advice you could give to be honest , I just wanted to say this and found this thread so thank you to the thread starter @andrewSCO
    You are welcome

First of all I think it's good you have friends that care. I would say to more or less say to them what you just said in this post. However, you should get ahead of it and reach out to them. If the other times have happened in a situation where you might seem a little down and they ask you what's wrong and you are kinda replying in a way that's coming across as defensive or stubborn that might make them want to try and get it out of you.

I think you should just message them at a normal time when nothing's happened and be like "hey guys, I just wanted to say I've been doing some thinking and I really appreciate the fact you all care about how I'm doing and stuff, I'm not trying to shut you guys out it's just the way that works for me looking forwards instead of back" and basically just tell them what you just said in your post. If you message them yourself and say thanks but it's honestly okay I appreciate it, instead of every time you have the convo being in a defensive situation when they already think you're upset about something and not being yourself. This way hopefully that would come across as more genuine and rational to them and they can accept it's the truth. Some people might get offended in a way or feel like they aren't that close to someone as a friend if the other person doesn't want to share things so I would also make it clear you do consider them close friends and appreciate it and it's just you.

But yeah, I would just reach out to them and basically just say to them what you just said here

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    You are welcome

First of all I think it's good you have friends that care. I would say to more or less say to them what you just said in this post. However, you should get ahead of it and reach out to them. If the other times have happened in a situation where you might seem a little down and they ask you what's wrong and you are kinda replying in a way that's coming across as defensive or stubborn that might make them want to try and get it out of you.

I think you should just message them at a normal time when nothing's happened and be like "hey guys, I just wanted to say I've been doing some thinking and I really appreciate the fact you all care about how I'm doing and stuff, I'm not trying to shut you guys out it's just the way that works for me looking forwards instead of back" and basically just tell them what you just said in your post. If you message them yourself and say thanks but it's honestly okay I appreciate it, instead of every time you have the convo being in a defensive situation when they already think you're upset about something and not being yourself. This way hopefully that would come across as more genuine and rational to them and they can accept it's the truth. Some people might get offended in a way or feel like they aren't that close to someone as a friend if the other person doesn't want to share things so I would also make it clear you do consider them close friends and appreciate it and it's just you.

But yeah, I would just reach out to them and basically just say to them what you just said here
    I know, I'm extremely lucky that I have great friends and I appreciate them more than anything in my life. My relationship with my family is rough and unstable so really my friends are the only true family I have. I have explained as nicely as I can that I don't like to bring up the past because it only hurts me more, but they just don't understand... and they have conversations behind my back to try and get stuff out of me. It's like a game to them.

The "thing" I told my friend, as well as her boyfriend she also told some other people... and now I have random people popping up to me asking me about it. I really don't know what to say, it's my private life which I want to keep private and keep in the past.

I'm in 6th form, moving into year 13, my entire focus is on my A levels so I can hopefully get into the course I want and open up a bright future... I want to move on from my past and I'm trying really hard to, but it seems like everyone and everything is pulling me right back into it.

And then thing with this is, it isn't actually everything, nor is it everyone. It's three people, three people, but it is having such an impact on me that I feel like everything around me is just suffocating.. especially when I'm around them. I moved schools for 6 form, so my new friends are amazing - they don't know much about my past and they accept the fact that I don't want to talk about it! So for me school is great.. but after school when I have to come home is when it starts, and it's the summer holidays... so it's been even worse lately.

I'm not depressed but I feel depressed and upset. Results day being so close isn't helping

On a more positive note, I really love the thought behind this thread, thank you again.

ReputationRep:
    You can post as anon or yourself. Had something or feel something you want to rant about? Feel guilty about something you've done or not done? Post it in here and get it all out
    I want to knock some people out and release the anger inside that has built up 😂😂😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I know, I'm extremely lucky that I have great friends and I appreciate them more than anything in my life. My relationship with my family is rough and unstable so really my friends are the only true family I have. I have explained as nicely as I can that I don't like to bring up the past because it only hurts me more, but they just don't understand... and they have conversations behind my back to try and get stuff out of me. It's like a game to them.

The "thing" I told my friend, as well as her boyfriend she also told some other people... and now I have random people popping up to me asking me about it. I really don't know what to say, it's my private life which I want to keep private and keep in the past.

I'm in 6th form, moving into year 13, my entire focus is on my A levels so I can hopefully get into the course I want and open up a bright future... I want to move on from my past and I'm trying really hard to, but it seems like everyone and everything is pulling me right back into it.

And then thing with this is, it isn't actually everything, nor is it everyone. It's three people, three people, but it is having such an impact on me that I feel like everything around me is just suffocating.. especially when I'm around them. I moved schools for 6 form, so my new friends are amazing - they don't know much about my past and they accept the fact that I don't want to talk about it! So for me school is great.. but after school when I have to come home is when it starts, and it's the summer holidays... so it's been even worse lately.

I'm not depressed but I feel depressed and upset. Results day being so close isn't helping
    Have the times you've told your friends been in defensive situations after they've already asked you what's wrong though? Like I said in the previous post that may just come across as you being stubborn or not wanting to say in the heat of the moment. Try and get in front of it and just sit down with them on your own accord if you haven't already. Maybe throw them a little bone too, share a little thing with them as a reason why you don't want to go into it? You'll just need to get tough with them and saying you love them but they're starting to annoy you and to politely mind their own business (in the nicest way possible )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetakeStudent07)
    I want to knock some people out and release the anger inside that has built up 😂😂😂
    What about a stress toy instead?

ReputationRep:
    What about a stress toy instead?
    Lol stress toys pfft 😂😂😂. I would probably break them too. I just want to break something shouldn't have quit kickboxing

Job Interview tomorrow, please wish me luck!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Job Interview tomorrow, please wish me luck!!
    Good luck :woo:

no likey, no lighty

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.