The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want and don't want it at the same time. I know it is bad for me but I won't stop.
I like a guy but I don't want him to ask me out beside it will all go horrible wrong but I want him to ask me out cause I like him but I don't want him to asks me out cause it'll ruin everything
Original post by Anonymous
I like a guy but I don't want him to ask me out beside it will all go horrible wrong but I want him to ask me out cause I like him but I don't want him to asks me out cause it'll ruin everything

Wow. This is why guys are frustrated.
Reading through the posts of this forum, is so sad but in a way strangely comforting. It's just makes me feel better that I'm not alone in struggling in this world. As horrible or cheesy as it sounds.

Spoiler

I'm actually a bit annoyed at what you've said. I want to say this in a way that isn't offensive though.
What do you mean by 'practically strolling through that life'? You're living life constantly in need of someone to talk to? Or you've accepted that there is nobody?

I was a little embarrassed about posting what I posted on this thread. It was whiny and it's something I hear all of the time: 'nobody cares about me!!!'. But I went ahead and said it because I think it's true. And I don't think it's because I don't love myself, or I haven't accepted my situation.

I love myself very much. I know what I'm worth. I may not be proud of myself right now, but I know that I'm still deserving of other people's time and attention. Which is why actually I'm really disappointed in my friends and family right now. I honestly don't think I'm the problem.

I'm not the type of person that helps you out thinking that I need to be repaid at a later date. I genuinely care about other people and cheer them up when they are down. And the people in my life tell me this, as well. "Thanks for being there for me" "thanks for making me feel better"

So why is it that when I am clearly struggling myself people choose to ignore it? It's gotten to the point where I'm so annoyed that I don't want to speak to them, not if it is going to be such a burden to them as it apparently is. I don't even want a lot! For example, I've been going to the hospital more often than usual because of some issues, and spending hours talking to this doctor and that doctor and so I get home late. Over the past few months, my mother has not asked once what is going on. Why I'm visiting so often and why I spend three hours there each time. I don't want her to fix anything, and it's not like she can help. But not even a 'how was your day?'? 'why are you going to the hospital again?'?
If I go and actively start talking about it, she'll tell me she's busy and ask me to leave.

I'm sorry this has turned into a rant but I've never said any of this out loud and so I'm on a roll. There are two of my friends who act the same way. Always calling me up for help and asking to come to my house for me to help them. One even asked me for help with her personal statement several times with the full knowledge that I am struggling to even begin mine. What am I, a counsellor? I don't even want to talk to them anymore, I'm so irritated.
And so I wish that there was someone else that could help me.

I'm sorry this has gotten so long, it was meant to just be a reply. But I feel as though I'm justified in feeling the way I do.

As I said, good luck.
4 rejections for medicine. I am heartbroken.
I really like a girl from work but I don’t know how to tell her
:frown:
I guess it's too late but if I could (ever) speak to you for one last time, I'd apologise for everything I did or didn't do. And if I ever get another chance I'd never let you go

Me too
Dear Dad,
I love you and miss you and I'm sorry.
I think of you every second of every day.
I want to be as good a person as I can be and I want you to be proud of me but it's so hard to carry on sometimes.
I wish you hadn't killed yourself, and if I could go back I would want to spend every minute I could with you and I would tell you I love you every day and I would do everything I could to stop it.
I'm so, so sorry I wasn't good enough.
It just dawned upon me that I haven’t got any true friends; the only time they ever contact me is if they need help doing their maths assignment or some economics question. I don’t have anyone I can truly share the good and bad times with.

I haven’t had a good laugh in a long time, I’m struggling at uni, I now get angry very easily, I just feel like crying all the time, I feel like an absolute failure. On the exterior, I give the impression it’s all great and people expect it to be all great because I’m a student with top GCSEs and a levels , best in my school, now I’m at a top uni etc., but inside I’m scared of failure and on the inside, I feel like it’s all falling apart.
I'm scared. I'm I really prepared to give up everything for one person, who I barely know, in an area I barely know- Just to be able to say I tried? Isn't that so foolish?
But the world tells you to take chances, what the world doesn't tell you is that when it all goes wrong, you'll be left with nothing and no one.
WHY DOES EVERYONE STARE AT ME FFS? WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO you ? You’re making me feel very insecure
I’m tired of love being the only reason I feel pain
I'm so sorry you're on the other side of the world now. I'm so sorry you can't be the normal 15 year old you used to be a few months ago. I'm sorry you couldn't finish your GCSEs so none of your hard work paid off. I'm sorry your parents are getting a divorce in a few weeks. I'm sorry you now live in a society that seems to continuously make teenagers kill themselves. I hope that you never resort to that option, because you're worth so much more than that.
And finally, I'm sorry I'm not with you anymore.
I'm waiting to say goodbye. When? Idk
I don’t know what to do with my life 😭 Then again who does 🤔
I don't ****ing want kids. And no, I will not meet a partner in the future, who changes my mind. I will NOT change my mind. Why are you keep pressuring me? Why does society predict how I should live my life? Why is it unnormal or unsocial to not wanting kids? Kids that scream 24/7, cost a lot of money and take all your freedom, independence, time and even regular sex with your partner away? Kids that might grow up to unthankful annoying teenagers or worst case: commit crime? Oh because you don't want to die alone? Guess what: Your kids will leave you once you are old and come visit you once a year. And even with 1000 legit arguments againt having kids, all my annoying relatives, even my partens keep saying "but that's what people do, they get kids" - WHAT ARGUMENT IS THAT? I don't want kids and yes I am a normal person, there is nothing wrong with me so stop explaining to me how I should live my life.
I don't ****ing want kids. And no, I will not meet a partner in the future, who changes my mind. I will NOT change my mind. Why are you keep pressuring me? Why does society predict how I should live my life? Why is it unnormal or unsocial to not wanting kids? Kids that scream 24/7, cost a lot of money and take all your freedom, independence, time and even regular sex with your partner away? Kids that might grow up to unthankful annoying teenagers or worst case: commit crime? Oh because you don't want to die alone? Guess what: Your kids will leave you once you are old and come visit you once a year. And even with 1000 legit arguments againt having kids, all my annoying relatives, even my partens keep saying "but that's what people do, they get kids" - WHAT ARGUMENT IS THAT? I don't want kids and yes I am a normal person, there is nothing wrong with me so stop explaining to me how I should live my life.

Who said you weren't normal? I'm not all the way sure I don't want them, that said, having a bully for a sibling, I wouldn't want a kid that'll grow up into a failure and a psychopath who'll just blame me for their screw ups and atrocities and rely on mental illness to get special treatment as some sort of "victim". Plus having sex without wanting kids has been normal for quite a while.
I'm sick of being so lonely.

Latest

Trending

Trending