The Student Room Group

How important is virginity to you?

My friends and I were playing Never Have I Ever as a pre-drinks game but we couldn't think of many things (we're all very sexually inexperienced with other people...) so we changed it to Never Would I Ever so you drink if you would do something.

One person asked "never would I ever lose my virginity during Freshers" and all 4 of my friends drank except for me. I know that one has a plan to sleep with 5 girls in freshers (she's found that she's a lesbian so wants to fully try it, apparently) which I think is excessive but each to their own. Everyone else, though, I thought would be a bit more hesitant and would give it a thought. They drank straight away in a "oh hell yeah" kind of attitude.

They couldn't understand why I didn't drink. To me, my virginity is special and I want to wait until I'm in a secure relationship before I lose it. I would do other things (foreplay etc.) but wouldn't actually have sex unless it was the right person. My friends couldn't wait to lose theirs and said that they would happily lose it on a one night stand.

Do you consider losing your virginity to be special or do you/did you not care about who you would lose it to?

Scroll to see replies

If I'm still a virgin, I want to lose my virginity to another virgin so it's mutual embarrassment. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care/value her virginity. She has to be the one though, so going out for a long time before we get there.
Reply 2
Original post by greghayes
My friends and I were playing Never Have I Ever as a pre-drinks game but we couldn't think of many things (we're all very sexually inexperienced with other people...) so we changed it to Never Would I Ever so you drink if you would do something.

One person asked "never would I ever lose my virginity during Freshers" and all 4 of my friends drank except for me. I know that one has a plan to sleep with 5 girls in freshers (she's found that she's a lesbian so wants to fully try it, apparently) which I think is excessive but each to their own. Everyone else, though, I thought would be a bit more hesitant and would give it a thought. They drank straight away in a "oh hell yeah" kind of attitude.

They couldn't understand why I didn't drink. To me, my virginity is special and I want to wait until I'm in a secure relationship before I lose it. I would do other things (foreplay etc.) but wouldn't actually have sex unless it was the right person. My friends couldn't wait to lose theirs and said that they would happily lose it on a one night stand.

Do you consider losing your virginity to be special or do you/did you not care about who you would lose it to?

I'm waiting for the right guy. I intend to marry him first.
Original post by AnIndianGuy
If I'm still a virgin, I want to lose my virginity to another virgin so it's mutual embarrassment. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care/value her virginity. She has to be the one though, so going out for a long time before we get there.

I have already wasted my first kiss. I'm not gonna waste losing my virginity on some random girl.... AMEN.
Original post by Ryanthom100
I have already wasted my first kiss. I'm not gonna waste losing my virginity on some random girl.... AMEN.

I know that I've technically had my first kiss but I also feel like I was wasted. My first kiss with a boy was when I was 12. He was my boyfriend but I very quickly broke up with him. It was really awkward going to his house as his brother (who was 7) would physically fight with my boyfriend to sit next to me because I was a girl (they only had their mum and dad in the house so a girl was a "rare treat" as was described) and they would both sit with their arms around me fighting for my attention. Hell nah! My first girl kiss was a few months ago at a party with a friend (the lesbian as mentioned before). We were discussing sexuality and I said that I find girls sexually attractive too but would want to settle down with and marry a guy. She asked if I'd ever kissed a girl and I said no. She then kissed me but she had had a bit to drink and went straight for the tongue. Also hell nah!
Original post by Ryanthom100

Unlucky man, I'm still kissless, out of choice and high standards loool
Original post by AnIndianGuy
Unlucky man, I'm still kissless, out of choice and high standards loool

Lucky guy lol
Reply 7
Sex is sex, virginity is a construct it shouldn't matter if you lose it or not. If you spend the first quarter of your lifetime putting off sex for your own moral justification its just sad and you're going to miss out on plenty of amazing opportunities and partners. Live life in the moment don't set yourself regulations that are pointless who are you trying to impress because it won't impress anyone to be a virgin at 29 lets be real if you're waiting till marriage. Just saying.
I'm only gonna lose mine to the right person. I won't lose it for the sake of it. I value mine a lot so I'm gonna wait for someone worthy enough to take it.
Original post by lunaclub
Sex is sex, virginity is a construct it shouldn't matter if you lose it or not. If you spend the first quarter of your lifetime putting off sex for your own moral justification its just sad and you're going to miss out on plenty of amazing opportunities and partners. Live life in the moment don't set yourself regulations that are pointless who are you trying to impress because it won't impress anyone to be a virgin at 29 lets be real if you're waiting till marriage. Just saying.

Come on man you gotta understand people value sex and virginity differently, to someone like you it may be meaningless, but for others their virginity is very important to them and losing it is an important milestone in their life. Just saying.
Ideally i'd lose mine to another virgin so we could share the new experience together but i cant be picky.
As for me, virginity isn't really important but I'm not rushing to have sex. When the time comes, it'll come. My education comes first!
Original post by qasim_96
I'm only gonna lose mine to the right person. I won't lose it for the sake of it. I value mine a lot so I'm gonna wait for someone worthy enough to take it.

News flash: the perfect person doesn't exist
i am waiting untill i am 18. But even at the end of 2017 when i will be 18 it is not going to be legs open you know. i probs just will become more open but i still want to do it with the right person. All of my friends who have lost it have told me to wait for the right guy as they have regretted just doing it to not be a virgin anymore
Original post by Throwaway740
Come on man you gotta understand people value sex and virginity differently, to someone like you it may be meaningless, but for others their virginity is very important to them and losing it is an important milestone in their life. Just saying.

'Man' lol I'm the only girl in this chat
News flash: the perfect person doesn't exist

I'm not necessarily waiting for the perfect person, just the right person.

no you're not :smile:

Oh, should've said 'come on woman' instead.
Original post by greghayes
no you're not :smile:

Sorry if assuming greg was a man's name lol
Original post by Throwaway740
Oh, should've said 'come on woman' instead.

More accurate than 'man'

Latest