The Student Room Group

I freak out when my boyfriend goes out or has drinks with mates

I've been with my boyfriend for not a long time at all, ive known him for about 2 months. I am happy with him, we really connect also.
I have always been so heavily against drugs, its a huge hatred of mine. My mum is/was an alcoholic almost my whole life so ive seen some pretty hard hitting stuff because of her problem. It caused her to cheat on my dad and they almost split up. I, myself have been drunk many of times before, never really enjoyed it but for some reason, when i have been in relationships i cannot stand the idea of the partner i was with to go out clubbing or drinking. It has caused so many problems before.
The guy i am with now used to take so many types of drugs, and because of me he told me he wont take them anymore. He still sorts drugs out for friends and it makes me feel so angry. All his friends take drugs and its a really sore subject between us. He wont let me meet his friends, he said it will never happen. He goes round his mates houses like 2-3 times a week and gets drunk and i hate it so much. I know its me, i know its me overthinking. But i cant stand it. I dont have as many friends as him and i prretty much never go out. Why am i like this? what can i do to chill the **** out?
Reply 1
Hates drugs... dates a drug dealer.
You realise it's literally easier to find someone who doesn't use or deal drugs than it is to find someone who does...

Dump him and go date a normal person
Original post by Ellen0000
I've been with my boyfriend for not a long time at all, ive known him for about 2 months. I am happy with him, we really connect also.
I have always been so heavily against drugs, its a huge hatred of mine. My mum is/was an alcoholic almost my whole life so ive seen some pretty hard hitting stuff because of her problem. It caused her to cheat on my dad and they almost split up. I, myself have been drunk many of times before, never really enjoyed it but for some reason, when i have been in relationships i cannot stand the idea of the partner i was with to go out clubbing or drinking. It has caused so many problems before.
The guy i am with now used to take so many types of drugs, and because of me he told me he wont take them anymore. He still sorts drugs out for friends and it makes me feel so angry. All his friends take drugs and its a really sore subject between us. He wont let me meet his friends, he said it will never happen. He goes round his mates houses like 2-3 times a week and gets drunk and i hate it so much. I know its me, i know its me overthinking. But i cant stand it. I dont have as many friends as him and i prretty much never go out. Why am i like this? what can i do to chill the **** out?

Why are you so confident you're just overthinking and there's nothing to actually worry about?
Original post by LostYouth
Why are you so confident you're just overthinking and there's nothing to actually worry about?

Bet he's having a bit of d i c k on the side behind her back, because he likes something up his back....
Reply 4

I think maybe because he doesnt see it as an issue, nor have the people i have been with before. It's normal for people to go out with their friends and im getting weird about it
I think maybe because he doesnt see it as an issue, nor have the people i have been with before. It's normal for people to go out with their friends and im getting weird about it

Looks like you've just answered your own question...
Reply 6
Original post by Petulia
Hates drugs... dates a drug dealer.
You realise it's literally easier to find someone who doesn't use or deal drugs than it is to find someone who does...

Dump him and go date a normal person

Unfortunately i didnt realise he did stuff like that till it got a little more serious, and i like everything about him, minus his past use idk
Reply 7
Looks like you've just answered your own question...

But at the same time not really because i dont want to be like this
The fact that he has said that you will not meet his friends should be saying a lot to you about him, his friends and your future together - good luck.
But at the same time not really because i dont want to be like this

Well communicate with him then. He said he wouldn't take the drugs but if he's still taking them, he obviously doesn't care. If he won't even let you meet his friends, what does that tell you about his company? What does that tell you about him?
Reply 10
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Well communicate with him then. He said he wouldn't take the drugs but if he's still taking them, he obviously doesn't care. If he won't even let you meet his friends, what does that tell you about his company? What does that tell you about him?

Im pretty sure he isnt taking them anymore but its in the back of my head that when he goes out he will. I dont know if that because i have bad trust issues orrrr? But the fact he wont let me meet his friends really bugs me, it seems so shifty
Reply 11
Original post by JamesH2017
The fact that he has said that you will not meet his friends should be saying a lot to you about him, his friends and your future together - good luck.

I know, its not right
I would never be able to chill out because we all know how this turns out. He will start going back to his old ways because spending too much time "selling" drugs and not being influenced by his friends don't go together. I would be in fear constantly that one day, I'll get a call saying He's in coma due to high intake of drugs like that would crush you. Drugs can turn you very aggressive so leave him while you can.
TBH I doubt staying clean is going to be a long term thing if all his friends take drugs and he still 'sorts them out'. You're going to have to either accept his lifestyle or leave him. If you try and accept it you just have to stop yourself doing anything crazy when he's out, no texting, no obsessing, no sulking after and try and keep yourself busy.
Attachment not found
Girls: I want a nice guy, I hate drugs/alcohol!

*Ends up dating exactly what she hates*

...:colonhash:
Reply 16
Original post by Newbie_noob
Girls: I want a nice guy, I hate drugs/alcohol!

*Ends up dating exactly what she hates*

...:colonhash:

all i can say i didnt know any of that stuff about him untill i got too involved
TbhI normally come into these type of threads telling women to stop being so overly controlling, but this time honestly your boyfriend just seems like a ****. Why would you date someone who takes drugs when you don't like drug-dealers, more importantly, if my partner never let me meet their friends I would be very suspicious and rightfully very annoyed.

As for the other things like going round his mates yeah you just have to get over that cause that's his choice really, same with drugs, but once again if you're not happy with it then you are free to dump him and from the sound of it you really should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending