The Student Room Group

Have UCAS withdrawn my application? Please help

Today (14.8.17) I called my insurance uni (which gave me an unconditional offer) to ask that if I don't get my firm choice can I go straight to clearing, I knew it was too late for it to be done before results day but I was advised to call anyway.

When I called I was told that I had already been withdrawn by UCAS 2 days ago (12.8.17) even though I hadn't called anyone yet. When I wasn't sure what was going on I was instructed to call UCAS to see if they could shed some light on the situation, but they told me they couldn't look at anything because of the system being frozen in preparation for results day.

Does this mean my application has been withdrew or is this just because of the system freeze?

Please help
Original post by mmelonish
Today (14.8.17) I called my insurance uni (which gave me an unconditional offer) to ask that if I don't get my firm choice can I go straight to clearing, I knew it was too late for it to be done before results day but I was advised to call anyway.

When I called I was told that I had already been withdrawn by UCAS 2 days ago (12.8.17) even though I hadn't called anyone yet. When I wasn't sure what was going on I was instructed to call UCAS to see if they could shed some light on the situation, but they told me they couldn't look at anything because of the system being frozen in preparation for results day.

Does this mean my application has been withdrew or is this just because of the system freeze?

Please help

Hey!

Had you already called UCAS before phoning your insurance to tell them that you wanted to withdraw from your insurance?

You can still log onto Track, it has been frozen, but you'll be able to see your application. What does it say?

UCAS should be able to see it, they control the whole system :erm:
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
Hey!

Had you already called UCAS before phoning your insurance to tell them that you wanted to withdraw from your insurance?

You can still log onto Track, it has been frozen, but you'll be able to see your application. What does it say?

UCAS should be able to see it, they control the whole system :erm:

I did not call UCAS which is why I'm so confused but my application still looks the same on track and is waiting for results. I'm just very confused about this whole situation
I did not call UCAS which is why I'm so confused but my application still looks the same on track and is waiting for results. I'm just very confused about this whole situation

I think congratulations are in order, not only for getting into your firm choice but for breaking the UCAS embargo. Have you considered a career with MI6?

That's so bizarre.

I'd call UCAS again tomorrow and ask them to check their system and find out why this change has been made.

They record everything so they should be able to provide an explanation that will reassure you.

Explain that that the uni has confirmed that a withdrawal was made and they've said it was by UCAS. UCAS have to be careful right now because results are under embargo and some will call to try and find out if they have a place at uni by asking certain questions.

You need to be clear that the university has told you that you have already withdrawn but that you never communicated that request with a)them b) UCAS
Original post by nulli tertius
I think congratulations are in order, not only for getting into your firm choice but for breaking the UCAS embargo. Have you considered a career with MI6?

That's a bloody good point. I hope you're correct. Fingers crossed for the OP.

There could be a chance that your firm received your results on Friday night and processed them immediately, which means your insurance will have been voided because your firm was made unconditional....
Reply 6
Original post by She-Ra
That's so bizarre.

I'd call UCAS again tomorrow and ask them to check their system and find out why this change has been made.

They record everything so they should be able to provide an explanation that will reassure you.

Explain that that the uni has confirmed that a withdrawal was made and they've said it was by UCAS. UCAS have to be careful right now because results are under embargo and some will call to try and find out if they have a place at uni by asking certain questions.

You need to be clear that the university has told you that you have already withdrawn but that you never communicated that request with a)them b) UCAS

Thank you, I will call them again tomorrow
Reply 7
Original post by nulli tertius

I really hope that this is the case
Reply 8
Original post by She-Ra
That's a bloody good point. I hope you're correct. Fingers crossed for the OP.

There could be a chance that your firm received your results on Friday night and processed them immediately, which means your insurance will have been voided because your firm was made unconditional....

God I hope so, my fingers are also crossed. Thank you
Thank you, I will call them again tomorrow

Have the read nulli tertius's post and my response?!

I think your insurance may have let slip that you have made your firm. Unis got the exam results on Friday night at approx 7:30.
God I hope so, my fingers are also crossed. Thank you

Just seen this! Everything crossed for you! Let us know how you do on Thursday! Good luck!!!
Call UCAS.

It sounds like someone at your Insurance Uni not being too clued up to me - ie. giving you misleading information.
Reply 12
Original post by returnmigrant
Call UCAS.

It sounds like someone at your Insurance Uni not being too clued up to me - ie. giving you misleading information.

I have already called ucas and they told me they couldn't see anything due to the system freeze so I plan on calling again tomorrow
I have already called ucas and they told me they couldn't see anything due to the system freeze so I plan on calling again tomorrow

This may be because one or both of your Unis has actually made a decision on your application which UCAS can now see, but they cant tell you this. If so, this means you may have to wait until Thursday morning to see what has happened and sort this out. It it looks weird/not what you expected, then phone UCAS.
Reply 14
Thought I should update this situation. I did get into my firm choice and the date on the acceptance letter on track, the 12th of August
Thought I should update this situation. I did get into my firm choice and the date on the acceptance letter on track, the 12th of August

Yay! Congrats!

Congratulations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending