The Student Room Group

Can you believe in evolution and be a Christian?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ftxxj
They're just humans and humans back then looked different from now but I clearly see a human skeleton not something that evolved from a monkey

Then read it rather than just looking at the pictures.
Reply 81
Original post by JamesN88
Then read it rather than just looking at the pictures.

There's no point of reading science is twisting and pushing things for no reason.
Original post by Ftxxj
There's no point of reading science is twisting and pushing things for no reason.

So basically you're just ignorant then.

If you don't believe in science you should stick to your principles and refuse medical care next time you fall ill and rely on praying instead.
Reply 83
Listen that science is alright because even Jesus and others would use medicine to cure the sick because it's to do with our body which God says to take care of but science which says stuff which are unnatural isn't something you should be following. And prayers do help because God is always listening. And at times medications wouldn't respond or your body can get immune to a medicine so what now science can't always cure everything. @JamesN88
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ftxxj
Listen that science is alright because even Jesus and others would use medicine to cure the sick because it's to do with our body which God says to take care of but science which says stuff which are unnatural isn't something you should be following. And prayers do help because God is always listening. And at times medications wouldn't respond or your body can get immune to a medicine so what now science can't always cure everything. @JamesN88

I'm done. :lol: :lol:

Have a good night.
Reply 85
Original post by Boredom101
Imo if you're going to be a Christian you do it wholeheartedly, you don't pick the bits you like and refuse the parts you don't like.

This is exactly what I think.
Reply 86
Original post by bbll98
This is exactly what I think.

I assume you never wear jeans, then?
Reply 87
Original post by Beth_H
I assume you never wear jeans, then?

I do wear jeans because I'm not a Christian 😂. I just meant that I think if you ARE a Christian you can't just cherry pick from the Bible - you either accept all of it as God's word or none.
Reply 88
Original post by bbll98
I do wear jeans because I'm not a Christian 😂. I just meant that I think if you ARE a Christian you can't just cherry pick from the Bible - you either accept all of it as God's word or none.

Fair enough! I'm not a Christian either, but I know plenty who would disagree - the Bible might contain the message of God, but it was still written by humans, and this was done over hundreds of years. Passages have been added to reflect what these people's understanding of science and morality was at the time, accounts are based largely on memory and second hand tales, which differ (even within the Bible itself), and numerous translations and editions have changed the original wording significantly. How much, then, can truly be considered the pure word of God? When you analyse the Bible as you might critique any other historical text, its weight diminishes significantly, and so many Christians view it as only a fairly rough indicator of God's message to the world (although, of course, many non-Christians would simply disregard the whole thing for the same reasons).
Original post by Beth_H
Fair enough! I'm not a Christian either, but I know plenty who would disagree - the Bible might contain the message of God, but it was still written by humans, and this was done over hundreds of years. Passages have been added to reflect what these people's understanding of science and morality was at the time, accounts are based largely on memory and second hand tales, which differ (even within the Bible itself), and numerous translations and editions have changed the original wording significantly. How much, then, can truly be considered the pure word of God? When you analyse the Bible as you might critique any other historical text, its weight diminishes significantly, and so many Christians view it as only a fairly rough indicator of God's message to the world (although, of course, many non-Christians would simply disregard the whole thing for the same reasons).

Yet some people believe so strongly in religion even though their only evidence is a passed down complication of stories which doesn't even reflect it's own message anymore? Christians are so certain a God exist even though they can easily admit that half their Bible is wrong.
Reply 90
Original post by Abyssal
Yet some people believe so strongly in religion even though their only evidence is a passed down complication of stories which doesn't even reflect it's own message anymore? Christians are so certain a God exist even though they can easily admit that half their Bible is wrong.

Same with evolution it was said that we humans evolved from animals but if that's the case why don't it happen now? If some guys said it, it should still happen today but no you only hear humans coming from humans. These scientist are trying to playing God which is a very big sin.
Reply 91
Original post by Ftxxj
Same with evolution it was said that we humans evolved from animals but if that's the case why don't it happen now? If some guys said it, it should still happen today but no you only hear humans coming from humans. These scientist are trying to playing God which is a very big sin.

Evolution is still happening, and will continue to do so. You can even see it occurring by observing bacterial colonies under a microscope. Natural selection in humans, however, has now largely stopped due to medical advances.
Original post by Ftxxj

You still haven't answered my question about the peppered moth.
Reply 93
Original post by Beth_H
Evolution is still happening, and will continue to do so. You can even see it occurring by observing bacterial colonies under a microscope. Natural selection in humans, however, has now largely stopped due to medical advances.

Yeah maybe under a microscope but not out in the open where you actually witness with your eyes that animals transforms in to humans and if that's the case then it's either an evil satanic spirit or someone had sex with an animal other then that no proof. If you go hospital you can see ladies giving birth to humans not animals transforming into humans
Reply 94
Original post by AnnieGakusei
You still haven't answered my question about the peppered moth.

I don't need to answer, this is all bullcrap and unnatural and untrue.
Original post by Ftxxj
I don't need to answer, this is all bullcrap and unnatural and untrue.

:facepalm:
Reply 96
:facepalm:

I already did science and I passed it so I don't need to explain anything to you.
Original post by Ftxxj
I already did science and I passed it so I don't need to explain anything to you.

Fair enough. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid having to come up with an intellectual answer to something that threatens to prove your worldview wrong. So much easier to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it doesn't exist, after all. :lol:
Reply 98
Fair enough. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid having to come up with an intellectual answer to something that threatens to prove your worldview wrong. So much easier to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it doesn't exist, after all. :lol:

Because it doesn't exsist and there's no point of digging deep in something I ain't sitting an exam.
Original post by Ftxxj
Because it doesn't exsist and there's no point of digging deep in something I ain't sitting an exam.

Yup, I'm not sitting an exam in creationism so I'm not going to bother looking into it because it's a load of unscientific magical baloney.

Works both ways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending