The Student Room Group

Sending ID Evidence

Hi,
Just wondering can i send off a photocopy of my Birth Certificate, or does it have to be the original document?

I have to take this as evidence of ID on the 18th September to my University, so will Student Finance accept a copy or no? If so I will have to wait after the 18th.
(I applied for student finance now as I was originally meant to defer, but decided not to).
Original post by alxoah
Hi,
Just wondering can i send off a photocopy of my Birth Certificate, or does it have to be the original document?

I have to take this as evidence of ID on the 18th September to my University, so will Student Finance accept a copy or no? If so I will have to wait after the 18th.
(I applied for student finance now as I was originally meant to defer, but decided not to).

Hi alxoah,

Student Finance would require you to provide your original UK Birth Certificate along with the ADIF form. If you have a valid UK passport you can send a UK Passport Details Form . If you will be registering with your University on the 18th of September you will have to send your documents after this date as we will be unable to process you ID and have your documents returned prior to this date.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending