The Student Room Group

tesco induction what happens?

got a tesco induction day this coming thursday and friday, just wondering what is involved. the job i got is the dotcom picker one. and what are the useful things to ask/find out?
Reply 1
;o Ya got it?!
Congrats!
Reply 2
Hi, ii know this is late but i also got a tesco induction day this week on friday and saturday and was wondering what happens aswell and mine is dotcom picker too and anything useful to find out?
Reply 3
Original post by idres
Hi, ii know this is late but i also got a tesco induction day this week on friday and saturday and was wondering what happens aswell and mine is dotcom picker too and anything useful to find out?

Eh, you watch a bunch of videos and fill in a booklet and that's about it. last day is till training I guess.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by idres

first day is basically filling out health and safety forms and watching videos and a tour of the store. 2nd day is a bit more of forms followed by working on the shop floor for around 30mins and then afternoon of till training.
i work in dotcom, and was worried that i didn't meet my manager or get any training on my induction days- but this all happened on my first day. one of the colleagues in dotcom will train you- it will take a few weeks for you to pick everything up, and you will be slower than everyone else but they expect that, after around 4 weeks you should get the hang of it.
Reply 5
yes im working at a dotcom too and i had a work sample for 20mins in ambient and 20 in the chilled frozen section do they still train you for it? and what problems do you normally encounter which i need to know about thanks
Reply 6
Original post by idres
yes im working at a dotcom too and i had a work sample for 20mins in ambient and 20 in the chilled frozen section do they still train you for it? and what problems do you normally encounter which i need to know about thanks

i never did a work sample but i guess they would still train you. my first shift was spent working along side another experienced staff member, then for the last half hour i was left to do it myself. on my second day i was asked if i wanted to shadow someone again but i felt like i wanted to do it myself. there are loads of people around to ask if you need help, and don't worry about being slow at first- they expect that and just want you to get to know the role before getting better at it.
problems that are common include something being out of stock in which case you substitute or 'sub' it unless the customer specifically asks for no substitutions. also sometimes things aren't where your scanner device says they are, in which case you can either look where you think they might be instead or you can mark it as not available as it is out of stock. when dealing with things with security tags leave then until the end as the tags have to be removed out back (in this case scan it as normal to check you have the right item, then press the unpick button on your screen, then the move to end button- when you finish the tags can be removed out back then you scan them afterwards) tags are annoying they are not always easy to remove- but again ask someone out back to show you or help you- i've been there for over 3 months and still get confused with some tags.

basically the best advice i can give you is to ask if you don't get something and as you do more and more shifts you will find yourself asking less and less
What did you wear to the induction day and did you bring any lunch?
I can't access the induction training,is not opening I don't know why

Quick Reply

Latest