The Student Room Group

GYG 2017-18 Reach for the A*s...or 9s or...whatever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous_1947
Hey!

I kinda have the same problem with you in regards to English. Like I'm not exaggerating last year in year 10 we didn't actually have a proper English teacher and had like 10 different supply teachers over the course of that year, which means that now in year 11 we're really behind and the only way for me to get near enough decent grade (which let's face it, ain't gonna happen), is to do a myriad of extra work at home.

An tbh, I haven't even finished reading the paper 2 modern texts novel (Mine's Lord Of The Flies" or "Romeo and Juliet" (the only thing we finished was the film!) so it sucks to be me!

Good luck to you though!!

hey im sure you'll still do amazing regardless xx
im considering binge watching all those english gcse vids on youtube!
Original post by mundosinfin
Honestly that's a hard question lol it used to be Taehyung then RM for a couple months now it's... idk either of them, probs Tae :tongue: hbu?

aha good choice! jimin caught my eye from the word go, and since listening to the agust d mixtape, yoongi's been a bias wrecker
:smile:
i participated them in primary school because i somehow wanted to :redface: but i realised i dislike drama intensely so i haven't done any of those since i've started secondary school
Original post by mez_merising
aha good choice! jimin caught my eye from the word go, and since listening to the agust d mixtape, yoongi's been a bias wrecker

Yeah honestly I love all of them and I couldn't choose, I don't really have a proper bias hehe :tongue:
Yeah honestly I love all of them and I couldn't choose, I don't really have a proper bias hehe :tongue:

fav song?
fav song?

Don’t do this to me omg
I genuinely like them all, their discography is varied and I like every single song even the silly ones hehe (but my faves are probably Coffee, Spring Day and Not Today) hbu?
I think my tally racked up to about 15 school productions:tongue:

There are many stories I could tell, which one would you like first?:tongue:
Don’t do this to me omg
I genuinely like them all, their discography is varied and I like every single song even the silly ones hehe (but my faves are probably Coffee, Spring Day and Not Today) hbu?

ikr it’s like choosing between my babies!
i loveeee their old albums but I haven’t quite finished listening to them all, wings and love yourself: her are two of my faves. but seriously I love jimin’s serepndipity absolutely stunning

I wish they’d come to the UK but then again I wish they wouldn’t bc I know I wouldn’t be allowed to go and see them, then I’d cry about it for another millennia

have you watched run bts?
Original post by 04MR17
I think my tally racked up to about 15 school productions:tongue:

There are many stories I could tell, which one would you like first?:tongue:

all of them!!
i love their newest album like yeaaaaaaa
some of their old songs are quite lit too, but i from the new one i really really love serendipity and am trying to learn it on the piano!

who's your bias?

wayyyyy good luck learning it on the piano! I tried to sightread one (coz learning them just takes time that I don't have) and I failed dramatically :tongue:

honestly, I don't have a bias but I think if I had to choose one, it would be suga or jungkook

Tues 9th Jan

aw guys thanks so much for the welcome back, im so blessed : ))))))
and sorry for no art pics (though, they're not that good anyway) because i left my work to dry at school!

b i o l o g y
started the day by snaking to my bio teacher about our stupid english essay and how we learn nothing in the english teachers lessons smh. then we went to learn about the heart and all the blood vessels which was soooo cool but people were being so squeamish about the veins and like please shush. i then had a sudden urge to want to dissect a heart but yeah........

a r t
major sigh. our teacher always makes our class show our individual work and comments on it in front of everyone like please i don't need the extra anxiety thanks very much. then we just researched artists all lesson and listened to music, so was pretty chill

p h y s i c s
oh God. so i totally forgot about the test we did before the holidays and so we got it back......i got 23/39 = 58% like bloody hell...idek the grade boundaries but hey, guess who's not taking a level physics!!!!

e n g l i s h
did the stupid essay. we are so far behind, the other classes have the poetry anthologies and have started analysis like pleassseeeee how much more do we have to do?!?!?!?!

g e r m a n
um so we had a cover lesson but then my teacher decided to set hw due for thursday smh

and so yeah, that concludes my day! i have macbeth rehearsals til 6pm on thursday, i have an appointment on friday so i won't be in school and then an all-day rehearsal on sunday sooooo yeah

QoTD: did you ever participate in school plays/shows?

Spoiler

:laugh: I snake about my other teachers too and it's a good thing that some of them aren't close or I would be in trouble hehe

OMG yes!! the one thing I miss about bio is the dissections!! I loved them!! I don't think I've dissected a heart myself but our teacher dissected one as a demonstration. :biggrin:

was the physics test hard?? I wouldn't make a decision about A-levels based on one grade...

for English, you could always work ahead??

aotd: I sang in the chorus? does that count?
literally haven’t been in any school productions :nah:
Original post by nyxnko_
wayyyyy good luck learning it on the piano! I tried to sightread one (coz learning them just takes time that I don't have) and I failed dramatically :tongue:

honestly, I don't have a bias but I think if I had to choose one, it would be suga or jungkook

:laugh: I snake about my other teachers too and it's a good thing that some of them aren't close or I would be in trouble hehe

OMG yes!! the one thing I miss about bio is the dissections!! I loved them!! I don't think I've dissected a heart myself but our teacher dissected one as a demonstration. :biggrin:

was the physics test hard?? I wouldn't make a decision about A-levels based on one grade...

for English, you could always work ahead??

aotd: I sang in the chorus? does that count?

yeah the physics test was well hard, although i did mess up a 5 mark question by reading 'decrease' instead of 'increase' smh......

and yeah for english im gonna have to learn the whole syllabus off youtube
Wed 10th Jan

aha i've just watched youtubers get their oxbridge results and yeah oh my gosh the stress levels im feeling for them

m a t h s
carried on with 3D trig

a r t
carried on with my artist research and found a stunning piece i wanna recreate but i know i'll mess it up :frown:

h i s t o r y
learnt how sneaky hitler was and how stupidddddddd we were to let him do all the stuff he did

p h y s i c s
learnt more about momentum and then threw eggs to do something about seat belts and car safety idek

d r a m a
did the classroom scene in blood brothers which was hilarious but then we got the 8 marker question for hw and mannnn it's about the analysis of ONE line, like howwwwww

QoTD: what's your personality type?

Spoiler

Wed 10th Jan

aha i've just watched youtubers get their oxbridge results and yeah oh my gosh the stress levels im feeling for them

m a t h s
carried on with 3D trig

a r t
carried on with my artist research and found a stunning piece i wanna recreate but i know i'll mess it up :frown:

h i s t o r y
learnt how sneaky hitler was and how stupidddddddd we were to let him do all the stuff he did

p h y s i c s
learnt more about momentum and then threw eggs to do something about seat belts and car safety idek

d r a m a
did the classroom scene in blood brothers which was hilarious but then we got the 8 marker question for hw and mannnn it's about the analysis of ONE line, like howwwwww

Spoiler

same literally i also watch the oxbridge results on youtube.OMG,one day i may feel their stress too.
i am so trying this test now!
you should carry on posting your artwork i actually love it :love::smile:
Wed 10th Jan

m a t h s
carried on with 3D trig

a r t

h i s t o r y

p h y s i c s

d r a m a

Spoiler

IKR ! I watched Eve Bennett and she got an offer so I was like girll I knew you could do it. :h: However , Jade got a rejection so I was like they sure made a mistake. :frown:
personality.JPG
i tried it out!:smile:
i’m so sad that unjaded jade didn’t get in :frown:
but :party: eve did!
Original post by Lilsthebest
IKR ! I watched Eve Bennett and she got an offer so I was like girll I knew you could do it. :h: However , Jade got a rejection so I was like they sure made a mistake. :frown:

Omg just watched Jade's video and i honestly wanted to cry with her, Oxford will be missing out
Original post by Lilsthebest

yeah Oxford lost a gem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending