The Student Room Group

How to enter AS grades on Ucas

Hi,
I have completed my AS in 3D product design, but i am continuing onto A2. In my ucas application, do i enter my AS result separately, or do I enter it under the name of A level with Advanced subsidiary. As this is has confused me completely, as my teacher hasn't made it clear on what i should do either????
Original post by m005eman
Hi,
I have completed my AS in 3D product design, but i am continuing onto A2. In my ucas application, do i enter my AS result separately, or do I enter it under the name of A level with Advanced subsidiary. As this is has confused me completely, as my teacher hasn't made it clear on what i should do either????

If you've got an AS then list the AS with the grade you got.
If you're going to get an A level (A2 is NOT a qualification) then list the A levels with the dates you expect the results.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you've got an AS then list the AS with the grade you got.
If you're going to get an A level (A2 is NOT a qualification) then list the A levels with the dates you expect the results.

So do I enter my AS results into ucas or not?
So do I enter my AS results into ucas or not?

"If you've got an AS then list the AS with the grade you got."

I have completed my AS
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
"If you've got an AS then list the AS with the grade you got."

ok, thank you, but how exactly do i make it clear that the product design a level i am doing is "A2" and not saying that i have taken an AS and another full A level?
ok, thank you, but how exactly do i make it clear that the product design a level i am doing is "A2" and not saying that i have taken an AS and another full A level?

Because universities know that you'll get and AS and then an A level.

If you add modules then you can add your AS modules to both the AS and the A level that they'll be counted against - that would make it crystal clear - but an AS in yr 12 and an A level in yr 13 is what universities expect to see (unless your exam centre doesn't offer AS in yr 12).
I am currently doing Art, Psychology and Biology A Level. Last year (Year 12) I did maths AS, additionally.
For ALL 4 of my AS subjects I put all of them as Advanced Subsidiary with their respective AS grades.
Then for my 3 A2 Levels, I put 'Advanced Level' with grade 'pending'.
However, you can only do this if your school has 'cashed in' your AS exams (consult your school). I have received 3 responses from universities so far (interviews/portfolio meetings), so this is definitely a right way of doing it!
Reply 7
oh ok, thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending