The Student Room Group

Generally, are foundation Uni courses popular (In natural & social sciences)

Hi there, just wondering how popular foundation courses are in the sciences?

i think they're quite popular in art. but i want to do a psychology foundation degree because my AS grades are bad, but from what i've seen psychology generally as a degree is reallyyyy popular, not at Medicine's level but still...it's pretty high up there.

I know foundation courses have fewer spaces...so i dunno if it's worth applying to one or just applying to bad unis instead...
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
Hi there, just wondering how popular foundation courses are in the sciences?

i think they're quite popular in art. but i want to do a psychology foundation degree because my AS grades are bad, but from what i've seen psychology generally as a degree is reallyyyy popular, not at Medicine's level but still...it's pretty high up there.

I know foundation courses have fewer spaces...so i dunno if it's worth applying to one or just applying to bad unis instead...

It depends on individual circumstances.
Art and medicine seem to be the popular ones, I've never heard of anybody doing one for psychology tho.

It's worth applying regardless though. If you're going through ucas you get 5 picks so pick a couple good unis for foundation degrees and then a few trashy bois as backups. At that point you've got nothing to lose, really.

And regardless, if they like your application they'll pick you over all the other dudes to fill those limited spaces.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Art and medicine seem to be the popular ones, I've never heard of anybody doing one for psychology tho.

It's worth applying regardless though. If you're going through ucas you get 5 picks so pick a couple good unis for foundation degrees and then a few trashy bois as backups. At that point you've got nothing to lose, really.

And regardless, if they like your application they'll pick you over all the other dudes to fill those limited spaces.

thank you :smile: very helpful answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending