The Student Room Group

My instructor has bailed on me the week before my driving test

Hi guys in need of advice here!

I have been taking lessons with an instructor for quite a while now, who said I am finally ready to take a test for next week (which I have booked). However, she has just texted today saying that she won't be able to provide lessons this week in preparation for the test, and on top won't let me use her car for the test next week for my test as she suddenly feels that I am not ready which I find extremely misleading regarding the amount of money I have already spent on doing lessons with her! The next available driving test is in mid January.. NEXT YEAR!!

However, I strongly feel that I am ready, especially as I have been taking an infinite amount of lessons from her, since she kept saying I need to work on improvements before, which in hindsight might have been to scam more money out of me by knocking my confidence down.

Please can someone give advice on what I should do? :'(
New instructor time, she sounds like a c***-end tbh.
Ok its a *****y situation but heres something you can try.

As your test is booked you can still take it. Phone driving instructors in your area, explain the situation and ask if you can use their car for the test. This is what my friend did and how he took his test. You'll probably need a few lessons in that car to get used to it.

This isn't perfect obviously and will put you at a disadvantage but its the only way you'll be able to take your test because I think its to late for a refund.

Good luck.
Take your test anyway. Use another car, preferably one you’ve already been driving
Good luck!
Reply 4
I would say something along the lines of:
"You told me I was ready to take my driving test, and so under your advice it has been booked for next week.

I have had to pay to book the test and because of your negligence I have incurred unnecessary DVLA costs.
Additionally, I will now have to pay for additional driving lessons in order to keep up my driving standard for the next available test in January, along with the inconvenience of not having use of a car had I passed my test next week.
With the above in mind, I will be pursuing legal action in order to cover these additional costs unless I am able to use your car for my driving test as previously agreed."

Regardless of whether you would speak to someone about it legally it might make them change their mind..

Probably best to send as a letter or email, bit of a long text :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending