The Student Room Group

Unconditional offers

Many unis only give unconditional offers if you already have your results.
I have two of my a level results however I am sitting one a level this year. Does that mean it is unlikely that I could get an unconditional?
Original post by Kayleighm18
Many unis only give unconditional offers if you already have your results.
I have two of my a level results however I am sitting one a level this year. Does that mean it is unlikely that I could get an unconditional?

Does this matter?

Even if you get an unconditional, you'll still have to work at the same rate in order to achieve good A-Level results. A-Levels are still relevant in certain grad schemes at the initial selection stage.

Universities don't give out unconditionals because they want you to have an easy ride, they just see you as a massive, ****ing pound sign oozing at every single pore with bucket loads of cash.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Does this matter?

Even if you get an unconditional, you'll still have to work at the same rate in order to achieve good A-Level results. A-Levels are still relevant in certain grad schemes at the initial selection stage.

Universities don't give out unconditionals because they want you to have an easy ride, they just see you as a massive, ****ing pound sign oozing at every single pore with bucket loads of cash.

Yes i completely get this! I was just curious to know as I have 2/3 results already!
Original post by Kayleighm18
Yes i completely get this! I was just curious to know as I have 2/3 results already!

Put it this way.

I was predicted AAA (and got AAA this year) and applied to Salford (which wanted 120 UCAS pts) because I had no idea what to put down for my 5th option.

I didn't get an unconditional, and instead, they asked me for photocopies of my GCSE English and Maths certificates.

No one has the faintest idea as to whether or not you will get one.
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
Put it this way.

I was predicted AAA (and got AAA this year) and applied to Salford (which wanted 120 UCAS pts) because I had no idea what to put down for my 5th option.

I didn't get an unconditional, and instead, they asked me for photocopies of my GCSE English and Maths certificates.

No one has the faintest idea as to whether or not you will get one.

Thx
It was just a matter of curiosity i wanted to see if anyone else had any similar situations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending