The Student Room Group

One phobia you want to overcome the most...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Salt Queen
Something could grab me in the night.

>_< I can totally relate to that! At night i was paranoid that something was waiting under my bed...or in my wardrobe...or right outside my bedroom door and it wanted to get me :frown: Would have to turn the bed side light or TV on (with the volume on mute) until i felt safe or drifted off to sleep!
m y s e l f
Original post by JDieMstr
In my case, it would be arachnophobia....I am alright if they are like babies or small but anything over that.....NOPE NOPE NOPE IMA OUTTA HERE...so, les see how many people dealing with the same shiz as me

I get really shy and nervous around people which makes it difficult for me to make friends and get a girlfriend which is a bit rubbish because I know that I do try my best to be a really nice person.
I'm afraid of pigeons...

Long story.
Original post by usfbullz
I'm afraid of pigeons...

Long story.

You haven't been a potato at any point, have you?
I want to get over my fear of heights, it stops me doing so many potentially fun things including going on rollercoasters!
Original post by CastCuraga
You haven't been a potato at any point, have you?

No
Reply 47
Public speaking, I don't bid well in front of a large audience :frown:
Ghosts, heights, and spiders..... and DEATH
Urghhhh, arachnophobia.
Fear of being wrong
Original post by Froppy
>_< I can totally relate to that! At night i was paranoid that something was waiting under my bed...or in my wardrobe...or right outside my bedroom door and it wanted to get me :frown: Would have to turn the bed side light or TV on (with the volume on mute) until i felt safe or drifted off to sleep!

*at your 2nd sentence* wow...thanks for that :colonhash: lol

Original post by usfbullz
I'm afraid of pigeons...

Long story.

Go on ☕😏
My fear of needles :afraid:
Original post by Salt Queen
*at your 2nd sentence* wow...thanks for that :colonhash: lol

Go on ☕😏

So before I lived in London, I lived in another country so I used to come to London for holidays quite frequently.

When I was 6, on holiday in England, playing outside with my brother, we came across this massive group of pigeons, freakishly large group. So I started getting a little worried (i was a scaredy cat), so my friend decides to make it better by scaring the group of pigeons and they start to flock around me doing that pigeon noise they do so I end up screaming while everyone is laughing at me.

So whenever I see a pigeon, I move away without even thinking. My leg does shake a little as well...

I'm genuinely being serious.
(edited 6 years ago)
Fear of people not liking me. Why should I care so much??
In my case, it would be arachnophobia....I am alright if they are like babies or small but anything over that.....NOPE NOPE NOPE IMA OUTTA HERE...so, les see how many people dealing with the same shiz as me

Mine is traveling. I can do short distances of about 30 mins even that I hate. Anything longer I really struggle with worry abouut it for days and have panic attacks :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Mine is traveling. I can do short distances of about 30 mins even that I hate. Anything longer I really struggle with worry abouut it for days and have panic attacks :frown:

0-0 Has that stopped you from going abroad or participating in school trips?
0-0 Has that stopped you from going abroad or participating in school trips?

Yeah been abroad to tenireef once with my dad when I was younger and was so panicky the whole time overall I did enjoy myself but I wasn't able to eat the whole week and had to go to the doctors when I got home. I really want to travel more I am working on it more and more but it's a really slow process x
Original post by meganlit
Emetophobia- fear of being sick. You can tell that I won't be very fun at freshers!

Snap, I have this too and it's horrible. Also not looking forward to uni next year because of it :redface:
Reply 59
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Yeah been abroad to tenireef once with my dad when I was younger and was so panicky the whole time overall I did enjoy myself but I wasn't able to eat the whole week and had to go to the doctors when I got home. I really want to travel more I am working on it more and more but it's a really slow process x

Must be quite frustrating that....hope you get better soon ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending