The Student Room Group

Taking a cheater back? Your thoughts...yes or no? And why 🌹

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zarek
It depends on how serious the demeanour, if there are any mitigating circumstances, the value of the relationship and degree of regret. Life is not black and white. Go with your instincts though.

How do you really know when someone regrets it though? What do you mean mitigating circumstances.
Do you think the relationship after taking someone back of cheating would have no meaning ? If so why is that.
Reply 22
Original post by Jennifer303
How do you really know when someone regrets it though? What do you mean mitigating circumstances.
on the first point, you can only trust your instinct. On the second, perhaps if the relationship was going though a difficult patch, perhaps if there are some life stresses, perhaps if they were cynically targeted.
What about depending on the situation

Personally I would never take back a cheater ever- no matter what the situation. I’ve seen the damage caused in relationships where people are married with 5 kids to teenage relationships. I don’t think that I would like to be in a relationship where I am questioning my partners every move- it’s just not healthy. So I would rather be with someone I can completely trust, rather than with someone who has consciously decided to cheat on me the first time
Original post by Zarek
on the first point, you can only trust your instinct. On the second, perhaps if the relationship was going though a difficult patch, perhaps if there are some life stresses, perhaps if they were cynically targeted.

So you would take the relationship going through hard difficult patches into consideration when finding out they cheated? How would this make you see things.
Reply 25
So you would take the relationship going through hard difficult patches into consideration when finding out they cheated? How would this make you see things.

I think you have you weigh in all the factors to come to a conclusion. In reality people are fallible and sometimes a relationship can survive and prosper after cheating.
Reply 26

So, no kissing involved, going though a bit of a rough patch, remorseful, you still fancy them - it's foregiveable..
Original post by Zarek
So, no kissing involved, going though a bit of a rough patch, remorseful, you still fancy them - it's foregiveable..

No kissing involved. So what type of cheating are you talking about ?
Yes I agree also.
if u take back a cheater u will get cheated on again and again
Original post by chanel_666
if u take back a cheater u will get cheated on again and again

Isn't this just such a biased approach ?

If no feelings were involved and other factors.

no it's what happens in real life, u can't change a cheater by taking them back
have you ever taken a cheater back? If so why ? If not why? How do you know someone is genuinely sorry?

🌹Not sleeping with someone! Perhaps taking another girl / man out not in a friends way. Or kissing or texting someone in a way that would be classed as cheating 🌹

Original post by FloralLuxe
I would never get back with someone’s who’s such trash. I hope that I never lose that much of self respect and love that I go back with a guy who cheated on me.

Nooo... once they cheat you are so much better than them
Reply 33
No kissing involved. So what type of cheating are you talking about ?
Yes I agree also.

Flirting, being tempted is the mildest. Even kissing probably has degrees of seriousness. 'Sexual relations' starts to get a bit heavy. Mind you Bill Clinton managed to get away with it.
How did he cheat ? And how long did you get back with him after finding out he cheated 🌹

He got with this girl on a night out when i wasn't there... So it was two weeks of going over everything and talking things out and he literally did it that weekend x
I intend to never have a child nor marry (including relationships) in my life on earth and reading things like this just makes my mind at ease (for me of course)
As others have said, I could never trust them again and the relationship would be ruined, so nah.
Nope, once a cheat always a cheat!
Never take back a cheat. I almost did it once. They demonstrate the worst in people 9/10. I can excuse some circumstances, but I still think you are small if you cannot just stand up and be honest about not being ready for a monogamous relationship.

In my experience, cheating comes mainly with immaturity or being a knobhead. I have never been interested in sleeping around, which is perfectly fine to do, but too many people who are at that stage in their lives trick themselves and others into thinking they can settle down. It gets selfish.

Cheaters also turn out to br repeat offenders.
Original post by chanel_666
no it's what happens in real life, u can't change a cheater by taking them back

Of course you can’t change no one unless me they have to change themselvEs. I gu as sometimes people do change after cheating on their partner if they’re genuinely sorry and want to change only.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending