The Student Room Group

How long into the break from the pill should you bleed?

I started taking the combined pill for the first time on the 19th of November, I finished the pack on the 8th of December (I lost one pill so took 20 instead of 21). Its been 4 days since I started the 7 day break and I havent bled or had a 'period' yet. Is this normal? and if so when should it start?

I havent done anything that would mean i'm pregnant. If I don't bleed by the 7th day of the break should I start the next pack or wait until I bleed?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I started taking the combined pill for the first time on the 19th of November, I finished the pack on the 8th of December (I lost one pill so took 20 instead of 21). Its been 4 days since I started the 7 day break and I havent bled or had a 'period' yet. Is this normal? and if so when should it start?

I havent done anything that would mean i'm pregnant. If I don't bleed by the 7th day of the break should I start the next pack or wait until I bleed?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what to do

Bleeding usually starts 3-5 days into your break. It being your first month may mean that it takes longer or doesn't happen at all as it is possible not to have withdrawal bleeding while on the pill.

Regardless of whether you bleed or not, you should start the next pack after the break.

Quick Reply

Latest