The Student Room Group

what should I do if I'm going to drop out of college

Hi all, been having this thought for the past few months and was just wanting advice on what to do. So I want to drop out of college to have more time to work on other things such as a portfolio whilst also gaining more experience in the working world. I currently have a part time job which I don't really want to do full-time but would also like to keep it. I'm looking for something to do with graphics or photography but I have no idea how i can get into these kinds of jobs without A-levels or a degree.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, been having this thought for the past few months and was just wanting advice on what to do. So I want to drop out of college to have more time to work on other things such as a portfolio whilst also gaining more experience in the working world. I currently have a part time job which I don't really want to do full-time but would also like to keep it. I'm looking for something to do with graphics or photography but I have no idea how i can get into these kinds of jobs without A-levels or a degree.

If you are under 18 then you need to stay in school or college or an apprenticeship.

You need to search locally for an apprenticeship that involves either photography or product design. I suggest not dropping out until you find the apprenticeship as it will be easier then.

You need to use google ot indeed to see where apprenticeship exist in your area.
Original post by Anonymous

If you are under 18,you need to stay in college.
If you are under 18, try an apprenticeship that is vaguely related to it(design in my area is easy to find,so check what is available in your).
I would advice in your spare time not just train in graphics,but also media,3D design because jobs related graphics are almost non-existent and I advice to consider advertising, especially the digital one since is in rise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending