The Student Room Group

Really want to be in a relationship

Hey guys,
So many of my friends are in relationships, or at least 'talking' to someone, and i really really crave having someone too lol.
In my friendship group (boys and girls) there are literally three relationships (theres 12 of us, so half within the group).
Its not that I'm unliked, i just find that I'm quite picky, probably because im not as desperate as others (although i sound it here haha)
I just really want a guy (or girl) thats highly intelligent, both academically and emotionally, and isn't in to drama or anything
Ahhh
Does anyone have any advice of how i could get out and meet someone?????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I think you should just put yourself out there a bit more and be open to conversation with people whom you don't necessarily talk to on a daily basis. Just a smile can make someone's day, so defo do some of that (: Also, it's okay to be picky but when you do meet that person make sure you do not overdo it and just do you because that's amazing and just because everyone else is in a relationship doesn't mean you should be thinking that you should be in one too, you're taking it slow and that's fine. Sometimes it takes longer than expected to meet the perfect person but that's fine. Goodluck!
how old are you?? where r u from?? x
Reply 3
Original post by elizabethperroni
Hey guys,
So many of my friends are in relationships, or at least 'talking' to someone, and i really really crave having someone too lol.
In my friendship group (boys and girls) there are literally three relationships (theres 12 of us, so half within the group).
Its not that I'm unliked, i just find that I'm quite picky, probably because im not as desperate as others (although i sound it here haha)
I just really want a guy (or girl) thats highly intelligent, both academically and emotionally, and isn't in to drama or anything
Ahhh

Welcome to the club. Here have a drink :beerglass:
Let down the guard a bit, instead of trying to force it, just let loose, as a previous poster previously mentioned, the relationships that you least expect are the best, let everything take its natural course.
Original post by jay2013

lol i love that
Original post by daliciagracem
how old are you?? where r u from?? x

17, south east england, u?
Likewise, my dear.
Original post by Volibear
"probably because im not as desperate as others" :rofl:

My advice, wait for a relationship to come to you. The relationships that pop up when you least expect it are usually the best :smile:

thats really good advice thanks!!!!
Every now and then i just feel quite lonely though, while i have loads of friends, i really want a 'romance' hahaha
im such a mess, i apologise x
Original post by jay2013

thank you!!
and good luck to you too in finding somebody!!!!
xxx
17, south east england, u?

16, west midlands birmingham
Hey guys,
Ahhh

Type Meet up, Happn, Citysocializer on google but I think it might be for 17, 18+
But I'm not sure. Or you could type meet ups for 15 year old on google or whatever your age is and see what comes up.
Or just approach any boys your own age on the street, library or anywhere if you like the look of them. Ask for directions to a shop then follow up with a conversation but you will have to ask them out directly and not wait for them to ask you. Just ask if you can have their number
Just because a girl approaches a boy first or flirts the boy will not get the message that you want a date unless you make it clear by asking them out yourself
You can meet anybody almost anywhere if you are brave enough to approach them first and ask for their number so it doesn't have to be just in school
Hey guys,
Ahhh

You can meet people by downloading a live streaming app called Bigo Live
People are always hooking up on there
A few Men have asked me out on it but I'm not interested in any of them.
But it is full of drama but sometimes you might meet a nice person on it if your lucky.
People on it are always talking about how they met each other on it and their now in a relationship. Last week a 17 year old boy and a 17 year old girl were planning to meet up and maybe move in together but they were told by others on it to take things slow because it might not work out.
And a 21 year old man met his girlfriend on it 6 months ago and he was telling everybody that he is planning on marrying her in 2 years time.
I don't know about the men on that app but the women on it are crazy and that is what most men on it are saying too
Original post by daliciagracem
lol i love that

Here you can have a drink as well :beerglass:

thank you!!
and good luck to you too in finding somebody!!!!
xxx

Well thank you miss :top2:
Reply 14
Hey guys,
Ahhh

😉 I agree on all levels
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
If you force it, it usually doesn't end up too well.
Hey guys,
Ahhh

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining social clubs, meeting people through hobbies, through education, through your network and going out.

Have some hobbies, pursue your interests.

Be confident in yourself, accept who you are, be proud of yourself, you are a part of life and have the right to be happy, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Relax.

Good luck :smile:
Dating app
Relationships aren’t everything so don’t force it. You’re only 17 so have plenty of time to find the right person.
Challenge comes when you really like someone but you're a complete chicken!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending