The Student Room Group

when will the New Years gym rush calm down??

so I joined the gym in summer last year so this is the first time I've experienced the gym in January. my gym has suddenly gotten so packed even at the usual quiet times and I hate it. does anyone know from experience when the gym usually quietens down again? obviously there's loads of people right now because New Years resolutions and everything but its never ever been this busy!!
8 weeks max depending on the population density of the gyms catchment area
Reply 2
It decreases over time. Usually by the end of the month there'll be a noticeable improvement then a weekly improvement for another month or so. But I think the second half of the year is usually quietest, New Year then looking god for the beach happens so it might not go back to what you were used to for a while
Most will be gone around the end of the month and it should be normal by the end of Feb. Then it picks back up may/June time.
Reply 4
LOOL usually by Valentine’s Day, after that it goes super quite.
my gym seems to be the same as it usually is tbh
Original post by SuperHuman98
my gym seems to be the same as it usually is tbh

Same. Think if I was still at PureGym though then it'd be a problem, but I go to a pretty small gym that only people who live pretty local would bother with and I don't really live in the sort of area where everyone feels the need to get on a health kick :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest