The Student Room Group

About living cost

I forgot to apply for my living cost when i was applying for my tuition fees loan and now i want to apply for it and am not getting the form to download . the migrant workers application form.
Original post by Anita sackey
I forgot to apply for my living cost when i was applying for my tuition fees loan and now i want to apply for it and am not getting the form to download . the migrant workers application form.

Hi Anita,

I just have a quick question in order to help you out.

Are you currently an EU student and changing to applying as a Migrant Worker?

If so, are you the Migrant Worker or is it a family member?

Thank you,

John.
Ok i got admitted as eu student and my tuition fee has been approved already but i have to get something for my living cost . So how do i go about it . More over i have lived here a little over three years and am a family member of Eu member with a dependent .
Ok i got admitted as eu student and my tuition fee has been approved already but i have to get something for my living cost . So how do i go about it . More over i have lived here a little over three years and am a family member of Eu member with a dependent .

Hi Anita,

Thanks very much for answering those questions.

Just one more question based on your answers if that's ok.

What is your relation to the EU family member and are they working?

Thanks,

John.
EU Family member is my spouse and yes he is a worker.
EU Family member is my spouse and yes he is a worker.

Hi Anita,

Thanks for answering that.

So if you're currently and EU student and wish to apply for a Maintenance Loan (ML) for help with your living costs, you would have to apply for funding as the spouse of a Migrant Worker.

To apply, you would be required to complete a PN1 and send it along with specific evidence. The evidence required will be:

-Your passport or ID card.
-Your spouses passport or ID card.
-A photocopy of your marriage certificate.
-A copy of your spouses employment contract that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay.
-A letter from yours spouses employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which they work if this is not confirmed on the contract or they are on a zero hour contract. This letter must be signed by a member of HR or your spouses manager.
-your spouses last 3 months payslips.
-your spouses most recent P60.

We will also ask for an up to date payslip at the beginning of each term to show continued employment.

I hope this information helps, I understand there is quite a bit to take in there so please don't hesitate to ask further questions!

Kind regards,

John.
Thanks John but my problem here is that am not able to down load the form from the student finance web sit and I need help with that , if the is a link that I can get it from.
Thanks
Thanks John but my problem here is that am not able to down load the form from the student finance web sit and I need help with that , if the is a link that I can get it from.
Thanks

Hi Anita,

My apologies. I'll try help you with that.

Here is the link to the PN1. If that doesn't work, can I ask just a couple of questions.

What message are you getting when you try to download it?
What kind of device are you using? (PC, tablet, phone etc...)
Which browser are you using? (Internet explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc...)

Thanks,

John.
thanks for your help , i really appreciate it but i was using google chrome.
thanks for your help , i really appreciate it but i was using google chrome.

Hi Anita,

Here is the Link to the PN1 form

http://bit.ly/2tAXVNU

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending