The Student Room Group

Lost big time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steve5427
I think the study of diet seems interesting.

How about being a dietitian? Take a look at this: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/dietitian
Original post by PhoenixFortune
How about being a dietitian? Take a look at this: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/dietitian

Seems good but could I do a apprenticeship for it
Original post by Anonymous
Seems good but could I do a apprenticeship for it

I believe that they are currently developing a dietitian apprenticeship, but they have no date as to when this would be available to do (it could be another couple of years).

The only current option for being a dietitian is to study a BSc degree in Dietetics. To get onto the course, you could take a course like Access to HE (Nutrition and Dietetics), if you don't have relevant A levels.
I believe that they are currently developing a dietitian apprenticeship, but they have no date as to when this would be available to do (it could be another couple of years).

The only current option for being a dietitian is to study a BSc degree in Dietetics. To get onto the course, you could take a course like Access to HE (Nutrition and Dietetics), if you don't have relevant A levels.

Would it be at a decent university though
Would it be at a decent university though

The degree course? Well, you'd have to research that and see which universities offer it, and then where in the rankings those universities are.
The degree course? Well, you'd have to research that and see which universities offer it, and then where in the rankings those universities are.

The only problem is i rather not go to university

Until they get the apprenticeship version up and running, the only way to become a dietitian is to complete a degree in it at university.

The only other option you could look into is to be a dietetic assistant which doesn't require you to have a degree, but the pay will inevitably be lower as a result. If that doesn't bother you, then maybe that is the way you should be going.

Here is an example of a dietetic assistant job advert (this may not be in the area you live in, but you can see what they look for in their applicants): http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=914951363&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
(edited 6 years ago)

For some careers, a degree will really help you, such as dietician. What are your reasons for not wanting to consider university?

Have you done any work experience whilst doing A-levels? It can help you with your career ideas.
Original post by cheesecakelove
For some careers, a degree will really help you, such as dietician. What are your reasons for not wanting to consider university?

Have you done any work experience whilst doing A-levels? It can help you with your career ideas.

Rather not pursue studying at university. A levels was hard enough and waste of money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending