The Student Room Group

Extreme chest/heart(?) pain

Every time I yawn or make sudden movements (it’s weird), I experience a lot of pain on the left side of my chest (where the heart is). It only lasts like 10 seconds away and then kind of goes away until I move again.

Any idea what it could be? I’m a 22 non smoker. This has been happening for the past 2 days, only at night. It makes no sense.
Original post by euphrosyne
Every time I yawn or make sudden movements (it’s weird), I experience a lot of pain on the left side of my chest (where the heart is). It only lasts like 10 seconds away and then kind of goes away until I move again.

Any idea what it could be? I’m a 22 non smoker. This has been happening for the past 2 days, only at night. It makes no sense.

No one will be able to diagnose you on here. Please do visit your GP. I truly hope your pain goes away soon.

I wish you all the best OP. 😀
Reply 2
Original post by MiszshorTea786
No one will be able to diagnose you on here. Please do visit your GP. I truly hope your pain goes away soon.

I wish you all the best OP. 😀

I know, I’m just too scared to go to the GP in case they tell me it’s cancer or something :lol:
i had something similar and my gp said it was bc of stress and anxiety, but get it checked out to be sure x

GP or Nurse or 111.
Dont mess about.
Just see your GP tbh.

It is unlikely to be serious.
I know, I’m just too scared to go to the GP in case they tell me it’s cancer or something :lol:

Please do go don't be scared. It's best to be on the safe on the side then to continue living your life in pain.

Do it for the betterment of your overall health even if it is news you were not expecting, there are a variety of treatments avaliable to assist you after the diagnosis.

Hope it's nothing serious! 😀
Reply 7

Call your GP surgery tomorrow and explain what's happening. They may be able to sort you out with an urgent appointment.
Chest pain is something you should always get checked cos or could be something important, but more likely than not it's just something simple. It's the sort of thing that can happen with a nasty cold or anxiety for instance.

If it gets worse or you get any other symptoms (maybe feeling sick, unusual temperature, the pain lasting longer or spreading down your arm) before you see your GP, call 111 to make sure you don't need to be seen scooner.

Do see your GP about it, but don't worry about it because honestly it's probably nothing serious. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Try a Magnesium Glycinate supplement - will help relax the muscles - there' at least 10 types of magnesium, most are rubbish
Reply 9
I've booked to go see my GP, thank you everyone, I appreciate the help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest