The Student Room Group

Would you try to ask her out now?

Play along with me, now:
You knew a girl in high school who you didn't think was cute. She had ance skin, an ethnic nose, crooked teeth, she was big, she was tall, and though she was nice, she was annoying as all hell. She wore these ill-fitting glasses and the school uniform made her look frumpy and with the short unkempt hair, she looked like a dude. But she is a girl and while you aren't (not you, the actual reader; I don't know you,) aren't good looking either, somehow you thought you were hot stuff compared to her.

One day in class, you got so fed up with this girl that you called her ugly in the middle of class, along with other mean words. This was totally unprovoked and when the tirade was over, it seemed like things were unaffected. The girl was still nice to you and spoke to you, albeit, she was little standoffish.

Well, fast forward five years and you meet up once more in a supermarket. She's really tiny with a head full of kinky hair. She wears a little makeup but it is centered on her nose. You both are in your mid-twenties and both are doing well. She still wears glasses but she looks good in them. After talking to her, she's funnier and cooler than you remember. She wears nice clothes and she seems independent. She's still not the hottest girl you know, but she's attractive.

Would you hit on her? Even after you told her in high school, in front of everyone, that she was not cute and to stop acting like it? Do you think you could get her attention? would you apologize?

0|0
Reply 1
Original post by AnAverageMind
Play along with me, now:
You knew a girl in high school who you didn't think was cute. She had ance skin, an ethnic nose, crooked teeth, she was big, she was tall, and though she was nice, she was annoying as all hell. She wore these ill-fitting glasses and the school uniform made her look frumpy and with the short unkempt hair, she looked like a dude. But she is a girl and while you aren't (not you, the actual reader; I don't know you,) aren't good looking either, somehow you thought you were hot stuff compared to her.

One day in class, you got so fed up with this girl that you called her ugly in the middle of class, along with other mean words. This was totally unprovoked and when the tirade was over, it seemed like things were unaffected. The girl was still nice to you and spoke to you, albeit, she was little standoffish.

Well, fast forward five years and you meet up once more in a supermarket. She's really tiny with a head full of kinky hair. She wears a little makeup but it is centered on her nose. You both are in your mid-twenties and both are doing well. She still wears glasses but she looks good in them. After talking to her, she's funnier and cooler than you remember. She wears nice clothes and she seems independent. She's still not the hottest girl you know, but she's attractive.

Would you hit on her? Even after you told her in high school, in front of everyone, that she was not cute and to stop acting like it? Do you think you could get her attention? would you apologize?

0|0

Hi!

If I were a guy,, I wouldn't dare to do it. About getting her attention, maybe yes. We were classmates after all. And after she remembered me, I would apologize to her. Maybe we could be friends, in more positive way than before...
You don't deserve to hit on her or to get her attention
You can try. Be prepared that she may hold the past against you though and say no.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bones-mccoy
You don't deserve to hit on her or to get her attention

That happened to me and now I'm losing weight and taking care of myself, this dude is hitting on me.
Original post by sinfonietta
You can try. Be prepared that she may hold the past against you though and say no.

I did say no. I'm the girl.
prolly not. i look significantly better now than i did in high school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending