Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the record, I do Tsarist and Communist Russia as well as Wars of the Roses. Currently at AS level.

I'm just going through notes and making a condensed set, and I want to write up lots of essay plans for each major event or figure (for Wars of the Roses) and the same for Russia but more thematically.

It is just quite difficult to do essay plans for Wars of the Roses - I don't really know what sort of essays they can throw at me. Take for example a battle, what sort of essays should I prepare for? At GCSE I had a plan for every 10 marker that could come up that let me get full marks in both exams but it feels impossible to prepare for the essays now since it is a lot less predictable. Is there certain key things I could prepare for (like for example preparing an essay for each battle for the question How did the Battle of _____ cause instability) or is there no real way to do this at A Level?

Cheers
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by phosphene)
    For the record, I do Tsarist and Communist Russia as well as Wars of the Roses. Currently at AS level.

I'm just going through notes and making a condensed set, and I want to write up lots of essay plans for each major event or figure (for Wars of the Roses) and the same for Russia but more thematically.

It is just quite difficult to do essay plans for Wars of the Roses - I don't really know what sort of essays they can throw at me. Take for example a battle, what sort of essays should I prepare for? At GCSE I had a plan for every 10 marker that could come up that let me get full marks in both exams but it feels impossible to prepare for the essays now since it is a lot less predictable. Is there certain key things I could prepare for (like for example preparing an essay for each battle for the question How did the Battle of _____ cause instability) or is there no real way to do this at A Level?

Cheers

Download past papers and see for yourself.

A decent set of notes plus mind maps is more flexible imo.

History is about understanding events and being able to provide a response to the question being asked. I wouldnt plan essays as it feels too restrictive and you can then lead to write the answer you want instead of the one they want.

Not the approach I would take.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.