The Student Room Group

ex-muslim hijabi... unfortunately AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justanotherchica
It was said to Anas “What did you hear the Prophet saying about garlic?” Anas replied, “Whoever has eaten (garlic) should not approach our mosque.”

A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, “Satan urinated in his ears.”
:u::biggrin:

Lmao :rofl:

Same one as orderofthelotus too. There's a lot of shaytan pissing in ears, mouths, faces etc.
living in london is a nightmare
so many muslims and I know so many of them too! I can't go out without a hijab without being spotted by some person or the other who interrogates me about why im not wearing a hijab.

I have no idea what your family pressure situation is like but there are women's refuges and charities if it ever got like voilent or you got kicked out.

It's hard when you brake from a religion if you have a conservative family and social network that is still in that religion. It sucks but your best bet is probably to try and get financial indepedence as soon as possible and mix in none Muslim and/or liberal Muslim communities more so you don't feel as dependent on them. You don;t have to estrange yourself from it, just have other aspects in your life.

I don;t have any personal experience of this since my parents are not religouse. Dad came from a fairly typical church of england family where the only bad aspect is you have to waste sundays sat in a church, generally just agnostic to religion. Mum is a militant anti-catholic having been brought up in catholicism and hating it. Christanity in UK white poeple more or less died in thier generation when they left home and went to uni and has more or less been dealt a death blow in my generarion having been raised by their generation. Wishy washy christianity in schools is all that was left.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by somemightsay888
Lmao :rofl:

Same one as orderofthelotus too. There's a lot of shaytan pissing in ears, mouths, faces etc. Mo was into some right dirty fetishes.

oh god im crying
Original post by 12345username
wdym

"talking about all this bad stuff in the religion and that's called spreading hate"
Open criticism isn't spreading hate my dude, it's how ideologies evolve and adapts.

"its up to us to decide which parts to take seriously and which to ignore".
I know what you mean, but I rarely hear the religious so open about being selective with their faith so I thought this was bait. Believe what you want, idc, just normally the religious tend to use scholars and theologians to interpret their texts for them rather than doing it themselves, though I honestly do respect the personal approach more.
Original post by somemightsay888
>Converts
>Told to drink piss anyway

I do like the shaytan ones, one of my favourites was that any food dropped or left is eaten by shaytan :rofl:

But

Nothing beats this

Spoiler

Remember kids. Diddling minors and rampant rape is a-okay with Mo. But patronising female singers? Nope. That is too far :toofunny:

Patronising female singers :rofl: you’re right, that one WAS good
You literally started this threaad so you can get people to pity you and think islam is oppressive tbh

so...?
nothing beats the truth
Original post by Jheinexx
That was your experience and it isnt the same for everyone. They help everyone. Ugh im so tired of having to say some muslims over and over again. We’re not just one person. A billion people

I will answer you with this verse of The Holy Quran :

إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقَاتُ لِلْفُقَرَاءِ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْعَامِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَالْغَارِمِينَ وَفِي سَبِيلِ اللَّـهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَاللَّـهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

Zakah expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect [zakah] and for bringing hearts together [for Islam] and for freeing captives [or slaves] and for those in debt and for the cause of Allah and for the [stranded] traveler - an obligation [imposed] by Allah. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

According to the verse, Zakat can be spent for eight purposes. One of them refers to the case of ‘ta’lif-e qulub’. This is intended to promote sympathy between people, establish friendly relations and to encourage cooperation in maintaining peace and security of the Islamic nations.

Therefore Zakat can be disposed for those non-Muslims who may, as a result, be inclined to Islam, or may assist the Muslims with the Zakat for fighting against the enemies.

Only for those who are INCLINED to convert to Islam!
The only reason I'm replying to you is bc what you're saying actually upsets me. Your literally saying the religions oppressive bc of your one experience, never have i ever felt this way.
You cant go round mocking peoples views just bc you dont agree its childish tbh
My guess is the reason your doing this is bc your family treat you badly so your tryna insult them without doing it to their face

I insult my family overtly.. a lot but one time I mocked my mum saying that I'm going to hell and my brother threatened to beat me up.
well here is my moral dilemma, there are a lot of Muslims who I respect and admire and their choice to wear a hijab so at first I found it difficult to equate my experience with theirs but then an ex muslim girl once told me something brilliant: "wearing a hijab is like smoking, it's comforting because you've been doing it for so long or you've been doing it for a little while but you find solace in it, but it is still bad for you and to stop is very difficult"
I respect people's choices to wear a hijab but it is still a bad choice and not one that will help you.
You sound like me two years ago lol... some Jewish guy was insulting my religion but I couldn't think rationally about the arguments he was making because I was soo outraged. I told him I was very offended but now I know he was right and the fact that i couldnt provide answers just proved it.
Thanks, but what's wrong with following a scholars interpretation of the religion, its up to them if they want to theres nothing with that. I think everyone to some extent does follow their own interpretation, everyone has different limits, i listen to music for example whereas some will say this is unacceptable its all up to the person as they have their own limits and i dont judge anyone for this
i have question also, why do you care if some muslims think non believers are going hell, if you dont believe it why do you care?

I did believe it and I care because it proves Islam's hatred of non muslims and its barbarity and cruelty. It was breaking me because I couldn't bear the thought of my non muslims friends going to hell and it was one of the reasons that made me leave.
Thanks, but what's wrong with following a scholars interpretation of the religion, its up to them if they want to theres nothing with that. I think everyone to some extent does follow their own interpretation, everyone has different limits, i listen to music for example whereas some will say this is unacceptable its all up to the person as they have their own limits and i dont judge anyone for this
i have question also, why do you care if some muslims think non believers are going hell, if you dont believe it why do you care?

1st part:
I just find following a preferred scholar too impersonal and tends to lead to the followers becoming overly protective of the scholar's ideas. For example. old school Christians defending Thomas Aquinas aggressively. Just not my cup of tea, but if their interpretations fits you well and they can provide the answers you seek than more power to you my dude.
2nd part:
I don't. Telling a random atheist or whatever they'll roast in hell is a silly thing to say imo, but as long as it's not a kid or mentally challenged person then they should be mature enough to handle it themselves.
I agree

Wasn't accusing you of doing it or anything, context matters and all that.
Take care my dude.
Ex Muslim, forced hijabi
ask me any question you like :smile:

do you hate muslims?
Reply 112
well I've done a lot of research into it and concluded that it was not rational and made unscientific claims.
The first time I questioned it though, I asked myself if every non muslim is going to hell, then wil jewish people who died in suffering during the holocaust go to hell too? it was morally unsound and my journey started from there.

I really dont think that is the case. You need to research scientific claims in the Quran. The Quran stated how a baby is made from an embryo etc etc so many years ago and now it is exactly proven the same by science. It says in the Quran that the certain two oceans/Seas would never meet and recently a claim about how due to the different sized molecules, those two oceans indeed wouldnt meet also proved that. Also, whether or not Jews that died in the holocaust go heaven or not is not up to us to decide. It is up to God. Everyone serves their time in this world, according to Islam, it is a test. The word of God will reach you no matter what, but it is on you whether you accept it or not. And for the kids in the holocaust, if the Quran had not reached them in any way shape or form then i dont think they will go hell but it is all up to God as he is the most fair, the most forgiving and the most loving.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 113
I did believe it and I care because it proves Islam's hatred of non muslims and its barbarity and cruelty. It was breaking me because I couldn't bear the thought of my non muslims friends going to hell and it was one of the reasons that made me leave.

How can you think that Islam is full of hatered when Allah is the all loving and the most fair? Do you not have sense? Allah has 99 names and not even one of them proves that he is unjust or hateful.
"
well I've done a lot of research into it and concluded that it was not rational and made unscientific claims.
The first time I questioned it though, I asked myself if every non muslim is going to hell, then wil jewish people who died in suffering during the holocaust go to hell too? it was morally unsound and my journey started from there.

it's not as simple as that "I asked myself if every non muslim is going to hell, then wil jewish people who died in suffering during the holocaust go to hell too?"

completely different
Original post by MuxnaK
I really dont think that is the case. You need to research scientific claims in the Quran. The Quran stated how a baby is made from an embryo etc etc so many years ago and now it is exactly proven the same by science. It says in the Quran that the certain two oceans/Seas would never meet and recently a claim about how due to the different sized molecules, those two oceans indeed wouldnt meet also proved that. Also, whether or not Jews that died in the holocaust go heaven or not is not up to us to decide. It is up to God. Everyone serves their time in this world, according to Islam, it is a test. The word of God will reach you no matter what, but it is on you whether you accept it or not. And for the kids in the holocaust, if the Quran had not reached them in any way shape or form then i dont think they will go hell but it is all up to God as he is the most fair, the most forgiving and the most loving.

The Quran contains no scientific miracles whatsoever and nothing that has been recently proved. This is a claim that Muslims make time and time again (and you all word it exactly the same way too, are you all getting this nonsense from the same sites and YouTube videos or something?). Can you please provide all these peer-reviewed journals that make discoveries purely from the Quran?

Quranic embryology is innacurate. It compares a foetus to a leech (abysmal comparison), says that semen is made between the backbone and ribs (wrong), fails to mention the female ovum (odd omission for an all-knowing god to make if he wants to prove that this information could have only come from him) and gets the developmental order of flesh and bones the wrong way round.
Original post by MuxnaK
How can you think that Islam is full of hatered when Allah is the all loving and the most fair? Do you not have sense? Allah has 99 names and not even one of them proves that he is unjust or hateful.

The Quranic Allah is a violent, discriminatory, vindictive, hateful being. Eternal punishment in hell is disproportionate to any finite earthly crime that can be committed, making hell totally unjust.

He must also harbour extreme hatred and vindictiveness in his heart to be able to torture billions of souls eternally for “crimes” such as refusing to believe in him. He calls non-Muslims the vilest of creatures in the Quran, how can you possibly say that isn’t hateful?
Reply 117
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The Quran contains no scientific miracles whatsoever and nothing that has been recently proved. This is a claim that Muslims make time and time again (and you all word it exactly the same way too, are you all getting this nonsense from the same sites and YouTube videos or something?). Can you please provide all these peer-reviewed journals that make discoveries purely from the Quran?

Quranic embryology is innacurate. It compares a foetus to a leech (abysmal comparison), says that semen is made between the backbone and ribs (wrong), fails to mention the female ovum (odd omission for an all-knowing god to make if he wants to prove that this information could have only come from him) and gets the developmental order of flesh and bones the wrong way round.

By a leech it means the shape.
Reply 118
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The Quranic Allah is a violent, discriminatory, vindictive, hateful being. Eternal punishment in hell is disproportionate to any finite earthly crime that can be committed, making hell totally unjust.

He must also harbour extreme hatred and vindictiveness in his heart to be able to torture billions of souls eternally for “crimes” such as refusing to believe in him. He calls non-Muslims the vilest of creatures in the Quran, how can you possibly say that isn’t hateful?

Any muslim does something good, y'all get a reward for it in this world. If Allah The Great was hateful he would have never rewarded you, never let you have happiness in your life. And indeed he is able to do all those things but instead he gives you happiness He gives you a chance everyday. I am not telling y'all to change your opinion but being so disrespectful to a religion that spreads love is unjust. Hell is created because life is a test in Islam.
Original post by MuxnaK
By a leech it means the shape.

How is a very vague superficial similarity in shape in any way an indication that an embryo and leech are similar? Even the diagrams you’ve copy pasted show major differences.

Anyway, leeches are protostomes, humans are deuterostomes. Moreover, human embryos posses a notochord and pharyngeal arches, absent in leeches. The last major difference is that leeches of course suck blood, something that a human embryo does not do.

An all-knowing god would obviously not make such a bad, clumsy comparison, yet 7th century Arabs would. And I see you haven’t addressed the other errors in Quranic embryology.

Original post by MuxnaK
Any muslim does something good, y'all get a reward for it in this world.

Elaborate?

If Allah The Great was hateful he would have never rewarded you, never let you have happiness in your life.

That doesn’t follow. Someone can “reward” you in some instances and still be hateful. And how exactly have I been rewarded by Allah?

And indeed he is able to do all those things but instead he gives you happiness He gives you a chance everyday.

What does this even mean? Sound like vague, wishy-washy apologetics.

I am not telling y'all to change your opinion but being so disrespectful to a religion that spreads love is unjust.

Respect is earned, not demanded. And I will not respect a hateful religion like Islam that insults non-Muslims and takes pleasure in their torture.

Hell is created because life is a test in Islam.

First of all, this doesn’t make hell any less unjust. A temporary crime can never merit an eternal punishment.

Next, life cannot be a test because God is all-knowing. Tests are designed to establish or discover something about someone, be it an ability, skill, characteristics etc. But as Allah knows everything that happens in advance, he cannot ever be establishing something about you he didn’t already know. This is why it’s impossible for omniscient beings to conduct tests.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest