Turn on thread page Beta

ex-muslim hijabi... unfortunately AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Thought you might have been in Iran or something. I assume the reason you can't remove it is due to family pressure?
    living in london is a nightmare
    so many muslims and I know so many of them too! I can't go out without a hijab without being spotted by some person or the other who interrogates me about why im not wearing a hijab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    I wanted to reply and tell her that I studied Arabic for six years and got an A in GCSE arabic but the thread was blocked because I swore on there. It was the most frustrating moment ever lol... because miss shortee went away from that thread thinking im an idiot.
    Yup, that's TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345username)
    :clap2:wanted to rep you again but can't
    Dw ill give you a rep continue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    Some people from the tribe of `Ukl came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet (ﷺ) ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine)

http://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC...82/Hadith-794/
    >Converts
    >Told to drink piss anyway

(Original post by orderofthelotus)
    :hi::hi::hi:

Question wasn't posed to me, I know but I personally cracked up for a good 20 minutes at the one where if you don't get up to pray fajr, the shaytan takes a piss in your ears
    I do like the shaytan ones, one of my favourites was that any food dropped or left is eaten by shaytan :rofl:

But

Nothing beats this

Spoiler:
    Show

Remember kids. Diddling minors and rampant rape is a-okay with Mo. But patronising female singers? Nope. That is too far :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    It was said to Anas “What did you hear the Prophet saying about garlic?” Anas replied, “Whoever has eaten (garlic) should not approach our mosque.”

A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, “Satan urinated in his ears.”
    Lmao :rofl:

Same one as orderofthelotus too. There's a lot of shaytan pissing in ears, mouths, faces etc.

ReputationRep:
    living in london is a nightmare
    so many muslims and I know so many of them too! I can't go out without a hijab without being spotted by some person or the other who interrogates me about why im not wearing a hijab.
    I have no idea what your family pressure situation is like but there are women's refuges and charities if it ever got like voilent or you got kicked out.

It's hard when you brake from a religion if you have a conservative family and social network that is still in that religion. It sucks but your best bet is probably to try and get financial indepedence as soon as possible and mix in none Muslim and/or liberal Muslim communities more so you don't feel as dependent on them. You don;t have to estrange yourself from it, just have other aspects in your life.

I don;t have any personal experience of this since my parents are not religouse. Dad came from a fairly typical church of england family where the only bad aspect is you have to waste sundays sat in a church, generally just agnostic to religion. Mum is a militant anti-catholic having been brought up in catholicism and hating it. Christanity in UK white poeple more or less died in thier generation when they left home and went to uni and has more or less been dealt a death blow in my generarion having been raised by their generation. Wishy washy christianity in schools is all that was left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Lmao :rofl:

Same one as orderofthelotus too. There's a lot of shaytan pissing in ears, mouths, faces etc. Mo was into some right dirty fetishes.
    oh god im crying

ReputationRep:
    wdym
    "talking about all this bad stuff in the religion and that's called spreading hate"
    Open criticism isn't spreading hate my dude, it's how ideologies evolve and adapts.

"its up to us to decide which parts to take seriously and which to ignore".
    I know what you mean, but I rarely hear the religious so open about being selective with their faith so I thought this was bait. Believe what you want, idc, just normally the religious tend to use scholars and theologians to interpret their texts for them rather than doing it themselves, though I honestly do respect the personal approach more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    >Converts
    >Told to drink piss anyway

I do like the shaytan ones, one of my favourites was that any food dropped or left is eaten by shaytan :rofl:

But

Nothing beats this

Spoiler:
    Show

Remember kids. Diddling minors and rampant rape is a-okay with Mo. But patronising female singers? Nope. That is too far :toofunny:
    Patronising female singers :rofl: you’re right, that one WAS good

ReputationRep:
    You literally started this threaad so you can get people to pity you and think islam is oppressive tbh
    so...?
    nothing beats the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jheinexx)
    That was your experience and it isnt the same for everyone. They help everyone. Ugh im so tired of having to say some muslims over and over again. We’re not just one person. A billion people
    I will answer you with this verse of The Holy Quran :

إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقَاتُ لِلْفُقَرَاءِ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْعَامِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَالْغَارِمِينَ وَفِي سَبِيلِ اللَّـهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَاللَّـهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

Zakah expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect [zakah] and for bringing hearts together [for Islam] and for freeing captives [or slaves] and for those in debt and for the cause of Allah and for the [stranded] traveler - an obligation [imposed] by Allah. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

According to the verse, Zakat can be spent for eight purposes. One of them refers to the case of ‘ta’lif-e qulub’. This is intended to promote sympathy between people, establish friendly relations and to encourage cooperation in maintaining peace and security of the Islamic nations.

Therefore Zakat can be disposed for those non-Muslims who may, as a result, be inclined to Islam, or may assist the Muslims with the Zakat for fighting against the enemies.

Only for those who are INCLINED to convert to Islam!

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I'm replying to you is bc what you're saying actually upsets me. Your literally saying the religions oppressive bc of your one experience, never have i ever felt this way.
    You cant go round mocking peoples views just bc you dont agree its childish tbh
    My guess is the reason your doing this is bc your family treat you badly so your tryna insult them without doing it to their face
    I insult my family overtly.. a lot but one time I mocked my mum saying that I'm going to hell and my brother threatened to beat me up.
    well here is my moral dilemma, there are a lot of Muslims who I respect and admire and their choice to wear a hijab so at first I found it difficult to equate my experience with theirs but then an ex muslim girl once told me something brilliant: "wearing a hijab is like smoking, it's comforting because you've been doing it for so long or you've been doing it for a little while but you find solace in it, but it is still bad for you and to stop is very difficult"
    I respect people's choices to wear a hijab but it is still a bad choice and not one that will help you.
    You sound like me two years ago lol... some Jewish guy was insulting my religion but I couldn't think rationally about the arguments he was making because I was soo outraged. I told him I was very offended but now I know he was right and the fact that i couldnt provide answers just proved it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but what's wrong with following a scholars interpretation of the religion, its up to them if they want to theres nothing with that. I think everyone to some extent does follow their own interpretation, everyone has different limits, i listen to music for example whereas some will say this is unacceptable its all up to the person as they have their own limits and i dont judge anyone for this
    i have question also, why do you care if some muslims think non believers are going hell, if you dont believe it why do you care?
    I did believe it and I care because it proves Islam's hatred of non muslims and its barbarity and cruelty. It was breaking me because I couldn't bear the thought of my non muslims friends going to hell and it was one of the reasons that made me leave.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but what's wrong with following a scholars interpretation of the religion, its up to them if they want to theres nothing with that. I think everyone to some extent does follow their own interpretation, everyone has different limits, i listen to music for example whereas some will say this is unacceptable its all up to the person as they have their own limits and i dont judge anyone for this
    i have question also, why do you care if some muslims think non believers are going hell, if you dont believe it why do you care?
    1st part:
    I just find following a preferred scholar too impersonal and tends to lead to the followers becoming overly protective of the scholar's ideas. For example. old school Christians defending Thomas Aquinas aggressively. Just not my cup of tea, but if their interpretations fits you well and they can provide the answers you seek than more power to you my dude.
    2nd part:
    I don't. Telling a random atheist or whatever they'll roast in hell is a silly thing to say imo, but as long as it's not a kid or mentally challenged person then they should be mature enough to handle it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I agree
    Wasn't accusing you of doing it or anything, context matters and all that.
    Take care my dude.

ReputationRep:
    Ex Muslim, forced hijabi
    ask me any question you like
    do you hate muslims?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.