The Student Room Group

Are 99% of nerdy girls nerdy because they're not hot enough for Insta?

OK, so I match some girls on Tinder, they are "nerdy". And almost universally, they are ugly. I've never come across a hot blonde doing #selfie with dog filter / duck face saying that she was "geeky" or "nerdy".

In a way I think that's really bad, because they've given up.

Scroll to see replies

Jesus Christ, I don't know how old you are but if you think like that your generation is doomed.

"Hot enough for insta" wtf am I reading :lol: :lol: :rofl:
Reply 2
What am I reading?!?!😂
There are so many things wrong with this post 😂 you’re saying someone can’t be hot and smart? 😂
Reply 4
I don't think you're old enough for social media.
And you're a 10/10?
Maybe because they’re actually intelligent enough to realise life isn’t all about appearance? Obviously a troll, but still :smile:
Original post by Becci166
There are so many things wrong with this post 😂 you’re saying someone can’t be hot and smart? 😂

if they're hot, then everyone will respect their choice to be whatever they want.

I'm only making the opposite observation from other the end of the spectrum that if they're not, a lot of them just choose the "nerd/ geek/ gamer" label because that has no barriers to entry. And hence their choices will not be respected and instead subject to ridicule and doubt.
Why should they have to wear make up, have fillers, nips and tucks to suit you! If they are happy in their own skin then that is more attractive to the overly edited Instagram photos you seem to eye ball so much.
👏🏼THERE 👏🏼 ARE 👏🏼 TOO 👏🏼 MANY 👏🏼 BAD 👏🏼 POINTS 👏🏼 TO 👏🏼 THIS 👏🏼 POST👏🏼
(edited 6 years ago)
Tinder isnt right for you, stick to TSR
Reply 10
Are 99% of these threads created by clueless imbeciles?

One for the philosophers.
Ugly is subjective.
Reply 12
Man's not hot enough for Tinder, don't feel bad.
(edited 6 years ago)
This post is a damn mess. OP is a mess.
This post is irritating at so many levels.

1. "try and be Insta pretty." The **** does that even mean? Instagram pictures are edited, held at perfect angles and searching for the right light, they are barely an accurate capture of a persons real appearance.

2. "In a way I think that's really bad, because they've given up." Given up what? Who said they even tried in the first place... You clearly hold beauty culture in high regard but it does not mean they have to the idea of eating only certain foods, covering there face with chemical and surgery understandably does not appeal to many.

3. "hot blonde doing #selfie with dog filter / duck face" You find that attractive? duck face is the stupidest pose going and dog ears are just a silly thing people do its not meant to be attractive. 'Hot' Girls probably do play video games etc but don't advertise it as there is a taboo associated with it and they clearly care what society thinks, whilst girls that advertise it just don't give a ****.

I'm going to guess you made this post as you think your more attractive that you are but all the girls that you think are hot and 'deserve' don't have any interest in you which causes you to lash out to the 'ugly' girls you are matching with.
Original post by nonotyoutoo
if they're hot, then everyone will respect their choice to be whatever they want.

I'm only making the opposite observation from other the end of the spectrum that if they're not, a lot of them just choose the "nerd/ geek/ gamer" label because that has no barriers to entry. And hence their choices will not be respected and instead subject to ridicule and doubt.

are you serious right now?! No woman is limited because on how the look. Don’t you dare ever say what you view as “ugly” are limited to three things. Women and men can be anything is they out the time and effort in. Don’t go saying things like that.
Original post by tomnelson_
This post is irritating at so many levels.

1. "try and be Insta pretty." The **** does that even mean? Instagram pictures are edited, held at perfect angles and searching for the right light, they are barely an accurate capture of a persons real appearance.

2. "In a way I think that's really bad, because they've given up." Given up what? Who said they even tried in the first place... You clearly hold beauty culture in high regard but it does not mean they have to the idea of eating only certain foods, covering there face with chemical and surgery understandably does not appeal to many.

3. "hot blonde doing #selfie with dog filter / duck face" You find that attractive? duck face is the stupidest pose going and dog ears are just a silly thing people do its not meant to be attractive. 'Hot' Girls probably do play video games etc but don't advertise it as there is a taboo associated with it and they clearly care what society thinks, whilst girls that advertise it just don't give a ****.

I'm going to guess you made this post as you think your more attractive that you are but all the girls that you think are hot and 'deserve' don't have any interest in you which causes you to lash out to the 'ugly' girls you are matching with.

So what, I can get better. I am getting better. Its called ambition. But calling yourself a "geek" and surrounding yourself with losers and slackers will never get you out.
So what, I can get better. I am getting better. Its called ambition. But calling yourself a "geek" and surrounding yourself with losers and slackers will never get you out.

RIGHT there you go your true intentions are revealed :wink: So you are truly shallow...guess the only thing you got going for you is beauty huh?

Some people don't like to get out; some people genuinely want to surround themselves with friends with similar interests as them, and not cater to societies wants and stereotypes...not saying that all beautiful people are like this. Just saying some girls are not self-conscious about themselves and couldn't care less about what society thought about them and aren't going to change for other people; Just like how these girls won't change for shallow people like you.
Hoe :colone:.
(edited 6 years ago)
OK, so I match some girls on Tinder, they are "nerdy". And almost universally, they are ugly. I've never come across a hot blonde doing #selfie with dog filter / duck face saying that she was "geeky" or "nerdy".

In a way I think that's really bad, because they've given up. There's always gym, diet, make up, nips n tucks, fillers, filters etc to try and be Insta pretty.

Yeah, ignorance has never been as bliss as now
I wondered why I never got a look in when I listened out
The maddest ting is being yourself is what makes you different now
But pay me no mind and I won't need it cause I think aloud
sometimes a 1000 words are worth a picture Ignore the fact that I'm an artist, that's why I'm on Insta
Hard work breeds success and though I'm in labour with her
I'mma need a midwife, there's so much pressure to deliver
But I'll deliver

In a way I think that's really bad, because they've given up. There's always gym, diet, make up, nips n tucks, fillers, filters etc to try and be Insta pretty.
The actual geeks and freaks don't use Instagram or any of that shite, so of course you're not going to find them there. They're usually doing things that are actually interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending