The Student Room Group

Maintaining migrant worker status?

Hi, I am a migrant worker and have been working in the UK for over 5 years but have been very ill since last year and have been unable to work since January. I have received my first 2 instalments but do not have payslips for the 3rd semester.

What evidence would student finance need so that i can maintain my migrant worker status? I am also currently for a job that I will be able to do considering my illness.
Original post by tccortes
Hi, I am a migrant worker and have been working in the UK for over 5 years but have been very ill since last year and have been unable to work since January. I have received my first 2 instalments but do not have payslips for the 3rd semester.

What evidence would student finance need so that i can maintain my migrant worker status? I am also currently for a job that I will be able to do considering my illness.

Hi tccortes,

If you are currently on short or long term sickness you maybe able to retain your eligibility as a migrant worker.

We will require a copy of your contract of employment and payslips along with sick notes covering the full period of sick leave. If self employed we only need the sick notes.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi tccortes,

If you are currently on short or long term sickness you maybe able to retain your eligibility as a migrant worker.

We will require a copy of your contract of employment and payslips along with sick notes covering the full period of sick leave. If self employed we only need the sick notes.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

I had to stop working in January due to my illness, what evidence would you need in that situation?
Hi Louise,

I had to stop working in January due to my illness, what evidence would you need in that situation?

Hi tccortes,

We would require a copy of your P45 from your previous employer or a letter from your employer confirming that date you left and any medical evidence and letter from yourself confirming the reason for leaving your employment.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi tccortes,

We would require a copy of your P45 from your previous employer or a letter from your employer confirming that date you left and any medical evidence and letter from yourself confirming the reason for leaving your employment.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

So if I send medical evidence, a letter explaining everything and the P45 I should be able to maintain the migrant worker status?
Hi Louise,

So if I send medical evidence, a letter explaining everything and the P45 I should be able to maintain the migrant worker status?

Hi tccortes,

If your employments circumstances change you must let the Migrant worker Team. I would advised you to send the evidence and they will contact you with regards to a decision. If your employment ends you may not maintain your Migrant worker status. If you do start working for another employer you can send your new employment evidence and they can review your eligibility.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending