The Student Room Group

Why did she play with my feelings?

so I used to have a crush on this girl and we were quite close friends but i never did have the courage to ask her out. we hung out quite a lot in secondary school but after school finished we lost contact for awhile

About 2 weeks ago she starting dming me and wanted to chat and we had a long talk but she was dropping these hints towards me. at the same time i was talking to her i starting getting dmed by this guy who claimed to be her gay bestfriend and he was telling me that he knew i used to have a crush on her and she is single and that i should take my chance. I asked him if i had a chance and he said "No but then again i'm gay so i wouldn't know.

Now i was a bit sceptical about this not sure why i was at the time but i just had that feeling. He kept egging me on to ask her out. but I instead asked her if she knew him and she said yeah he is my best mate i was talking to him and he was telling me about this guy he was talking about this guy he was talking to ( I just assumed she meant me) and we kept chatting for awhile and eventually then she asked me if i had been speaking to her friend and I said yes and then she asked me what we were talking about and i asked her if she knew.

she said no but you know when you have that feeling when someone is lying. So i then told her that he had been egging me on to ask her out and eventually i did as soon as i did she didn't reply for about 5 mins and during that five mins i got a message from her friend saying good job bro i'm proud of you. she then responded saying "Sorry but i'm seeing someone but we can still be mates" now that hit hard and i never found out why both of them did that but i knew it had to be a setup cause how would this guy know i had a crush on her and he kept egging me on and she kept dropping hints on me.

I don't know why she did that. whats the point of setting someone up to ask you out if your gonna turn them down anyways?
maybe for entertainment??
sounds like she used you for a little bit of fun
because people are shits.

just move on and don't be friends with her.
Reply 3
I had something similar happen to me. I'm sorry to say I believe they were playing a nasty game with you. It's very immature and you didn't really deserve it. I would move on and block both of them you are not a toy for them to play with. Be strong and be happy with things you enjoy and just move on you will be better without her.
Sorry to hear this, it’s really horrible for them to do that. I’d just say move on like most people have said, if she can’t treat you the way you deserve to be treated then don’t bother, she’ll just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I hope you’re okay! Be strong! X
Reply 5
The reason she did that to you is because you were an experiment to her, girls test themselves or their ability to be manipulative on different guys. She saw you as a unique guy that she hasn’t tried before and thought to herself “I wonder how far I can go with him”.She then tricked you to test if she would succeed in deceiving you and since she did she felt like she had won her stupid little game.She’s just one of those people who likes to play games with people just to see if she can win.
She sounds horrible! Hope you're okay hun x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending